The Time Lords, the Widow, and the Wardrobe - Two

"Cyril!" The Doctor exclaimed and dived into the box just as the boy's hand disappeared.

"What's happening?" Lily asked shaking her head as the Time Lord disappeared inside. "I don't-"

"Jenny you go next." The Stone instructed letting her daughter go inside. On the other side, the Doctor helped Jenny stand up in the forest covered in a blanket of snow. "Wow." She laughed lightly jumping on the ground.

The Doctor smiled and scooped a small amount of the half liquid half solid ground. "This Jenny, is snow.""It's so pretty."

"It is, isn't it?" He let it go and watched as the snow fell back to the ground. Meanwhile, the Stone climbed through the box and held a hand out to Lily who stood by the box with wide eyes and a face almost as white as the snow now beneath her boots.

"What is that?" Lily asked stepping back.

"A box, now quickly Lily, please!" Lily did as the Time Lady instructed and climbed through.

The Doctor lifted her down. "That's it." He smiled. "In you come. Brr, bit cold." He shivered slightly. "Never mind. Cyril!" He then called. "Cyril! "

"Cyril!" The Stone shouted. Jenny frowned as her eyes locked onto what looked like a hatched egg, or rather what looked like a hatched egg but was really a hatched bauble in reality.

Lily frowned as she looked around the forest under the blanket of snow. "Where are we?"

"In a forest, in a box, in a sitting room." The Doctor said as he pointed at the girl. "Pay atten- ow!" The Time Lord yelped and spun around only to see a scolding look on the ginger Time Ladies face. "It's true!"

"You know what else is true?" She asked him. The Doctor opened his mouth only to snap it shut when the Stone flicked his nose before pointing a finger at him. "You're rude and not ginger."

The Doctor huffed. "Well, we know that you don't need to point that out, dear." He crossed his arms in a strop.

The Stone shook her head and tilted her head slightly. "He's about twenty minutes ahead."

"But we just saw him." Lily protested.

Jenny nodded in agreement. "She's right mum, he was just here."

"So where is he?" The Time Lady asked.

Jenny blinked at her mother while the Doctor laughed and clapped his hands together. "Jen, you're mum's secretly Sherlock."

"That's Sherlock Holmes to you mister," she warned him.

The Doctor laughed. "But in all seriousness, which is rare for me and the Stone, time moves differently across the dimensional planes." He turned to Lily and frowned. "What do they teach you in schools these days?"

"Doctor." The Stone warned.

"Sorry dear." He apologised.

"But I don't understand where we are." Lily frowned.

"We've gone through a dimensional portal thingy."

Jenny laughed at her father. "Thingy?"

"Shut up." He grumbled at his daughter as Lily looked at the three aliens.

"Well, what's that supposed to be? Where did it come from?"

The Stone sighed. "It was a present and it really wasn't supposed to be opened until Christmas Day. Do people really do that?"

"Do what?"

"Opens their Christmas presents early? I thought it was just a thing the Doctor did."