The Doctor, the Stone and Hammocks

Only a small chapter here, it isn't anything special. I originally wrote this months and months ago for my 'oneshot' book for random things I wrote based off my first Doctor Who series: parallel (this one!!!). That book wasn't updated much so I'm sadly taking it down but obviously I can't let that hard work go to waste so here is the small piece of writing I originally wrote for that.

-----

"Dear?" The Doctor loudly called walking down the TARDIS corridor and towards the library where he knew the Time Lady would be, sat on the sofa, legs curled up behind her and book in hand, her bottom lip between her teeth as she read the pages of whatever book currently had her wrapped around it's non existent finger. It was one of his favourite sights. She looked so peaceful and relaxed, especially when he forced her to put on one of her old incarnations reading glasses. She just looked absolutely adorable with them on. "Stone." He whined rolling out the 'o' sound just so make him sound that little bit more annoying as he walked into the library. You would think he would understand that libraries were places to be quiet.

Then again it was the Doctor and of course the Doctor really didn't understand.

"Stoooone." He whined again trying to get her attention when he spotted her. Pouting when she didn't even look up he walked over and plopped himself down on the sofa beside her, placing his chin on her shoulder. He frowned at the book she was reading. "Harry Potter again, dear?"

"Mhm." She hummed giving him a quick glance before her eyes became fixed on the pages in front of her again. "You know I adore the books."

"Almost as much as you will adore me when you see what I have done?"

She could practically hear the smirk plastered on his lips.

"What have you done now, sweetheart?" She questioned somehow multi-tasking with how her eyes continued to move across the page, never stuttering or stopping for a moment.

"Come and look." He replied.

"Isn't there a word you use before that?" She raised a brow and tore her eyes away from the book to look at her husband.

"Please." He rolled his eyes at her antics. Honestly, it was surprising how no one thought she was his mother yet.

She sighed and closed her book, placing it on the small desk beside the sofa, she shifted herself to face him, sitting cross-legged. "You have my undivided attention, Doctor."

"I did something really cool and you're going to love it." He couldn't stop himself from grinning like a child.

"If you managed to get that pill to work and for our daughter to squeak like a mouse after I told you to leave her alone, I will hurt you, Doctor."

He swallowed slightly but didn't move which only denied what she claimed. After a moment she relaxed. "Come and see." The Doctor jumped up, tugging on her arm like a small child who had just spotted the Dinosaur ride in an amusement park.

"Oh all right." She chuckled standing up. "I don't understand what you're so happy about but if does intrigue me a little."

"A little!" He squeaked sounding offended.

"Well, I don't know what it is yet." She replied lightly shoving his shoulder with her own. He honestly was the biggest idiot at times.

"Oh." He blinked realising that she wasn't trying to be snide or rude but actually was using logic which he honestly didn't have at that moment in time. "Right, the surprise." He beamed grabbing her hand again and pulling her along down the corridor.