Chapter 1 ☑️

Annabelle

Andre^

It's been two years since Angelo was sentenced, he's been sending me letters that I haven't even opened yet because I want nothing to do with him.

I moved to a different apartment because I had to get away Angelo's goons who kept showing up at my doorstep. They claimed it was to keep an eye on me.

I tried my best to live my life how it was before. I even got accepted into my dream school UCLA. Here is where I met my boyfriend Andre. We started off as friends but it blossomed into something more in the last few months. Needless to say, I'm happy now.

When I was in the process of trying to escape Angelo's men he helped me find a decent apartment close to campus and a good paying job at a local diner.
" Hey babe how's it going?" I smiled hearing his voice.

" I'm good I'm currently on my way to work right now" I tell him. I didn't have a car but I lived right down the street from the diner so I just walked to work everyday. If I ever needed to go far Andre was always here to take me.

"Hm... I have a surprise for you but you have to wait until you get off work." He said.
Ok now I'm excited.

"You're making me want to call in sick" I tell him.
He laughs "The day will be over before you know it" he tells me. As I'm nearing my job I bring our conversation to an end.

"Okay baby I have to go I'm almost at the diner" I tell him. He says ok and we hang up.
I walk to the diner seeing big letters spelling Anderson's Diner & Bar.

I walk into the diner hearing the little bell ding as I open the door. I walked to the back, grabbed my apron and washed my hands before going to see the schedule for today.

I'm waitressing today.

"Annabelle go to table twelve!" I hear Ronnie the manager tell me. I nodded and proceeded to table number twelve.

When I get there I see a man in a suit sitting
there looking over the menu, a little overdressed for a diner.
"Hi I'm Annabelle I'll be your waitress for today are you ready to order?" I ask him with a smile on my face.
He proceeds to tell me his order as I write his order down on my notepad. I can't help but notice the accent he has that is similar to Angelo's accent.

Ugh why am I even thinking about him.

I go to the back to hang his order up on the window for the chef to start making.

When his food was done I bring it to him on a tray and set it down on the table in front of him.

"Is there anything else I can get you sir" I ask. He shakes his head no.

As I was leaving I felt him grab my wrist.
He pulled me down to his height being that he was in a chair and whispered towards my ear," Our Don isn't happy you moved, but don't worry he'll be out sooner than you think and he'll be coming back to retrieve you." I snatch my wrist back and speed walk to the back.

What the fuck did he mean by that Angelo was sentenced 50 years, and I'm surprised it wasn't longer, but it's only been two, no better yet, how did they find me?

Maybe he's just bluffing, yeah he's just bluffing, with everything Angelo was charged for he shouldn't be getting out this early or any time soon.

After serving and seating several more people, I walk to his table to receive the strange man's bill and clean and clean up his table.
I come back to give him back his change which was a lot and I see a note along with an envelope on the table with a note.
It read,

Keep the change and the tip.

I open the envelope and oh my goodness, there had to be at least 6 thousand dollars in there not to mention the 84 dollars in change he let me keep.

I take the money to the back and put it in my purse in my locker and make sure I lock it behind me.

I want to keep this money but at the same time I don't, knowing where it came from.

This money can help out with my bills and essentials though.