Chapter 38 ☑️

Angelo

"How about this one?" Antonio said pointing at a decent sized diamond ring. He's staying in California for the next couple weeks and I offered him a room at our house, but he insists on staying at a luxury hotel.

"Too small" I told him shaking my head. He nodded and went to the other side of the store to look for more rings.

I'm shopping for an engagement ring for my Anna but I can't seem to find the perfect one.

I know she won't care what size ring I get her, but for me bigger is better. I want her ring to be the first thing someone looks at when they see her.

"Can I help you sir?" A woman with dark blue hair comes up to me from behind the counter.
"Yes I'm looking for an engagement ring." I told her.
She nods.
"Ok what's your price range?" She asked me.
"Don't have one, just show me your best rings." I told her.

She took me to a section of the store.
"These are our best rings, but they are pretty expensive." She said.

You have to be kidding me.
"You're telling me these are your best rings?" I asked in disbelief.
She looked a little startled.

"Well personally-" she started but I cut her off.

"I didn't come here to hear your personal opinion, I came to pick out the best ring for my woman, now if you're not willing to do as I asked them I can go somewhere else." I told her getting fed up.
Like does she really think I care about her personal opinion.

"Is there a problem here?" I hear a male voice.

I turn around and saw what looked like the manager based on what his name tag said.

"Yes, where are your best rings and do not take me to that boring ass display case." I ask for the last time.

"Uh right this way sir." He goes behind the counter and pulls out a box. He opens it and there's about 10 beautiful rings on display.

"What about these?" Antonio said.
I forgot he was even here...

"That one." I said pointing at a ring that looked perfect for Anna.
"Beautiful and how would you like to purchase this ring?" He asks.
I hand him my card and his eyes widen.
After everything was paid for and I signed some papers, we left the store.

"When do you plan on proposing?" Antonio asks.

"Soon."

I heard my phone ring. I looked at the number and it was from the phone at the warehouse.

"Yes?" I answer the phone.
"Uh boss? What do you want us to do with the boy's parents?" Mario one of my men asked.

"Why aren't they dead yet? I got what I wanted from them now kill them." I snapped into the phone and hung up.

"You are so mean to your employees." Antonio said.
"Don't care."

By the time I got home everyone was asleep.

After I ate the food Anna left for me in the microwave, I showered and brushed my teeth.