Chapter 9 ☑️

Annabelle

"Listen, I'm sorry for all the pain that I may have caused you. The only reason I didn't tell you about my job is because I love you. I wanted to keep you safe and I know if I told you about my job, you would meddle into things which would put you in danger. I don't know what I would do if something happened to you, you are my world and I can't imagine a life with out you. " He tells me.
He's acting like we were together for years.

He moves to the seat next to me and takes my hand. I look into his eyes and he seems sincere, but I don't know if I can trust him especially after what he did to Andre.

"How do I know you won't lie to me again." I tell him.

He sighs.

"If I ever withhold the truth it's for your own protection. Sometimes it's better for you to not know something because the more you know the more you're at risk. All I ask is that you give me one more chance and just forget about the arrest. " He said.

I look away and take my hand form his to stop myself from giving into that face.

"I can't trust you yet and your line of work is a little too dangerous for me to handle. " I tell him after a few seconds.

"I can assure you that you will be safe I have people all around willing to risk their lives for our safety." He tells me.

Is that even a good thing?

I sigh...

"If I give you a chance you can't fuck up I don't do third chances." I tell him seriously. He grinned.

"I won't I promise." He said.

"And I want to see my parents back in New York." I say frowning.
His smile dropped a little.

"We'll talk about that later, but right now, let's eat!" He said loudly moving back to his seat at the head of the table.

After that two servants came in and placed our food in front of us as well as a glass of wine for him and water for me.

He starts to eat but I just played with my food, suddenly losing my appetite.

"Why aren't you eating?" He asks.
"There's just a lot on my mind" I shrug.

"Like what?" He asks.

And I finally pop the question that's been bothering since I got here.

"Why did you kill Andre?" I ask.

His expression hardens but he doesn't say anything.

After a few seconds of him not talking I figured he wasn't going to tell me.

Just when I was about to get back to my food he sighs.

" Andre wasn't any better than me. He worked for me and he betrayed me." He finally tells me.

Huh?

"Are you sure we're talking about the same Andre, because the Andre I know isn't in the mob." I tell him.

He must be out of his mind.