Chapter 33 ☑️

Angelo

If you want you can refer back to chapter 11 for this chapter.

"Boss it's been over 3 months and the Esposito family still hasn't paid us back." Adriano, a new recruit, said.

This is why I don't fucking do favors, they
never learn.
Not paying me back counts as stealing from me and everyone knows what I do to people who steal from me.

"Do you have their location?" I asked trying to keep my cool.
"Sí they're currently located in Miami and they might be relocating soon because they've moved 6 times in the past 3 months." He told me.

Oh so they're in hiding.

Don't they know you can't hide from a Don, I have people all over Miami.

"Well keep a close eye out on them, I don't need them slipping out of our hands." I told him.
He nodded.

"Oh and sir there's something else I think you should know." He said nervously.
"Well?" I snapped, he jumped a little.

"Uh, their son isn't really going to college." He said stuttering.
"So they made up that sorry ass excuse to get some money?" I said scowling.

"Uh well it actually goes deeper than that, they actually have a son but he isn't going to college because he's only 5." He said.

Come again?

"Anything else." I said trying not to lose my temper.
"Uh well, the parents are big junkies as well so I don't think they are going to pay back anytime soon." He said.

"Well of course they aren't, the only solution is to go to them if they won't come to us." I said lighting a cigar to try to calm my nerves.

"You want to go to Miami?" He asked.
"Isn't that what I implied?" I said.
"Yes sir, when are you going?" He asked.

"Tomorrow, it's time I pay them a visit." I said while blowing out smoke.
-------

Annabelle
20 weeks pregnant
(5 months)

It's been a really peaceful month so far. Angelo hasn't been stressed, I haven't been having any kinds of sickness lately mainly because of the medicine I've been taking that was prescribed but still.

Shits been good.

I haven't heard from Tara and that makes me relieved because I haven't talked to her at all to end whatever friendship we might've had but her not making any contact with me make things much easier.

Yesterday I went to my appointment to find out what I was having. Dr.James wrote down on a piece of paper what we were having and put it in an envelope but I have yet to open it.

Charlotte really wants to know so her and my mom can start planning my baby shower but I've been keeping them in suspense.

I'm going to open it today though because I want to know as well.

"Sweetheart do you want to go somewhere, like maybe take a vacation?" Angelo asks as he walks in the room interrupting me and my movie.
"What did you say?" I ask because I really wasn't paying attention.

"Do you want to take a vacation for maybe a week or so." He rushed out. I furrow my eyebrows. Why does he seem to be in such a hurry?

"Uh yea sure, what did you have in mind?" I asked.

"Florida... Miami specifically." He said.
"Ok but can we go to Disney world one of those days because it's only like 4 hours away from there." I said smiling.

"Sorry but I don't think you should be on your feet that long, I have a beach house out in Miami maybe you could just relax by the water?" He suggested wiping the smile off my face.

"If my feet get tired we'll just take a break, I haven't been there in forever and I really want to go so I don't see what the issue is." I said confused.

I know he's just looking out for my well-being
with me being 5 months pregnant but if we're taking a vacation, I want to have fun, I don't want to be cooped up in one spot unless there are various things to do to keep me occupied.

"Baby you know I'm only looking out for you, and it's going to be very warm and I don't want you overwhelming yourself with all the moving around and the heat. How about we go to Disney land the day before we leave that way we can end our vacation with a fun activity?" He said.

That's better.

"Disney World and I like the sound of that." I corrected him.
"Right, start packing because we leave tomorrow." He said.

"Ok and you want to open this envelope with me?" I asked waving it in the air. His face brightened up and he sat next to me on the bed.

I paused the tv and and starting tearing the envelope. I took the piece of paper out and unfolded it.
I gasped and smiled when I saw what was inside.