Chapter 31 ☑️

Angelo

After Anna passed out we rushed her home.

I took her to our room and removed her clothes and placed her in the bathtub.

I ran some warm water and cleaned all the blood off of her. She was still unconscious.

I can't believe she had to see that. Shit like that is what I try to keep her away from. I'm pissed that Rico shot that bastard in front of my baby, but I understand it had to be done, he wouldn't have made it there in time to stop him from touching her.

Once all the blood was off her body I washed her hair and dried her off. I put her hair in a low messy bun I've seen her do a few times when she wants to let her hair air dry, and found her bonnet in the drawer and placed it on her head.

I put her on some underwear and one of my shirts and laid her on the bed and tucked her in.

I made sure to clean myself up and change my outfit since that had blood on it as well.
I left the room making sure to leave the door open just in case.

I'm working in my office trying to figure out who that man was working for. Rico has informed me that the man he shot owed us money. He stole from us and was giving all of the stolen cash to his boss.

As I'm working Charlotte runs into my office crying.

"I am so sorry about what happened." She said.
"What do you have to be sorry about, it wasn't your fault." I said.

"We feel so guilty, she said she was going to a maternity store and we went shopping else where and kind of left her alone but we were going to just meet back up later-" She cut herself off crying.

"And now she's hurt." She said in a wavering voice.

"It's ok, she not hurt, just in shock you have nothing to be worried about." I told her. If she keeps freaking out like this she's going to go into shock herself and I don't need that.

She nodded sniffling.
Then I thought about what she said.

"What did you mean we? Was somebody else with you girls while you were out?" I asked curiously.

Her face fell even more if that was possible.

"This girl named Tara, she's weird, I'm not very fond of her but I had to play nice like I liked her for Annabelle's sake." She said rolling her eyes.

"Why have I never met this Tara?" I asked. I know everyone Annabelle's aquatinted with. For her protection of course.

"I don't know she's only known her a few weeks apparently they met at the park." She said.
Hmm...

"Enrico." I called out.

"Yes?" He responded coming into my office after a few seconds of waiting.

"Do you know a Tara? Apparently she's a friend of Annabelle." I said.

"Uh, yes boss I thought you knew of her." He said.

"Well I didn't." I told him annoyed.
"She's still here if you wish to speak to her." He said.

"Fine where is she?" I asked him.