Chapter 41 ☑️

Angelo

1 month later

"Oh god!" Annabelle groans/cries out squeezing my left hand in pain bringing me pain.
"I know baby." Her mom said wiping her forehead with a towel.
Annabelle is currently in labor about to bring our children into the world. Apparently she's not dilated enough to start pushing yet but the contractions are enough to have her in an intense amount of pain which explains the death grip she has on my hand.

I didn't dare say anything about it because I know she's feeling way worse. Plus I've been through worse pain than a little hand squeeze.
She's been in labor 2 hours now and I wish there was more I could do.

Luckily, when she went into labor her family was staying at our home. Her mother insisted on staying with us once her due date started creeping up. She wanted to make sure she was here when Anna gave birth. Marco was able to stay at home with her dad and sister, but they'll all be at the hospital once the baby is born.

"I want some more ice." She said looking at me. I got up to see if the nurse can bring her some.

"On my way out I seen one of the nurses that often came to check on Anna.

"Hello, can you bring two more ice cups to Annabelle's room?" I asked her.
"Sure thing." She said smiling and walked off.

When I came back to the room where two guards were posted, I saw Anna with her eyes closed tight and her mom seated in one of the chairs.

----------
Annabelle
If someone told me labor was this painful I would've been more careful with my birth control.
I wish I can just start pushing already so I can see my babies and be relieved of some of this pain even though I'm pretty sure it's gonna hurt worse because I'm choosing to not use an epidural. Why the fuck would I do that? It's not too late to get one though since I'm not fully dilated.

My mom did natural birth with both my sister and I so I know it's possible and yes I know she delivered one baby each pregnancy and I have two, but I'm just going to go for it. I'm not having anymore, I plan on being one and done with pregnancy.

It shouldn't be that bad right?

Oh who am I kidding I know it's going to hurt like hell I'm already in so much pain.

I'm happy my mom is here with me, she's a gynecologist who will make sure I get treated right.

At my last appointment, I was told to just come straight to the hospital when I start having contractions. I did and right now I'm experiencing them heavily, my water broke an hour ago and I'm so nervous. I have my overnight bag which should last me a good 3 days unless I'm only here for two, but I'm pretty sure it's three especially since I'm having twins. Hopefully there are no complications that would cause us to be here longer than 3 days.

I groan in pain as another contraction hit. Why does this shit have to hurt so bad.

Once it subsided I started laughing a little making my mom look at me funny for a moment.

The reason why I laughed is because I remember when my contractions started to come earlier this afternoon.

Angelo was just lost for words.

------------

...Flashback...