Chapter 20 ☑️

Annabelle

It's Sunday, the day I'm meeting Angelo's parents. I've been stressing about this all week along with keeping up with my assignments.

It's amazing how he's met my parents when we were together previously, but I've never met his. It kind of makes me nervous. What if they're super racist and he was just prolonging us meeting.
He did say they were excited to meet me but that's not reassuring considering the fact that I'm not sure if he's even told them I'm black.

"Baby you almost ready?" Angelo called out to me.

"Yeah just give me a minute." I replied.

Looking in the mirror I saw my outfit and I was pleased with what I saw.

It's 56 degrees here so I should bring a coat.

My makeup is light and my twist out was perfect but to keep it out of my face I put it in an updo hairstyle and my bump is barely noticeable.

I had on a black flowy dress to match his suit and some heels, which I know he won't like me wearing.
I lost my balance in them one time the other day and now he acts like heels are the plague.
Taking one more look in the mirror I grabbed my phone and purse and went down the stairs.

When I made it to the living room where Angelo was waiting he looked up and his eyes widened when he saw me.

"You look beautiful" he said smiling at me.
"Thank you" I replied with a grin.

"Are you sure you want to wear those?" He asked. See?
"Yes and besides I have a pair of flats in my purse in case anything happens." I told him.

He nodded. " well if your feet start to hurt tell me and I'll massage them for you, I don't want you in pain." He told me.
"Will do." I said pecking him on his lips, then wiping the lipstick off that smeared on his lips.

"Ready?" He asked.

I nodded. "Let's go" I said and we left.

1 Hour Later

We pulled up to a gigantic house, no scratch that mansion.

And I thought his house was big...

He parked the car in the drive way amongst many other cars and got out the car.

As I was gathering my things he opened the door for me and helped me out.

Taking my hand he walked me to the door and that's when I started getting nervous, he says his family loves me from the stories he's told them but things can always change.

As we neared the door I heard the sound of children's laughter and loud Italian music.

Angelo rung the doorbell and I heard everything get quiet. Well damn.

I heard footsteps near the door and I immediately let go of Angelo's hand and got behind him.

Before he could say anything someone opened the door.

"Angelo" I heard a woman gasp.

"Ciao" He said.

I'm assuming this is his mother he has the same eyes as her.

"Sono così felice che tu possa farcela, dov'è la tua ragazza che l'hai portata?" His mom said, the only thing I made out of that was girlfriend.

('m so glad you can make it, where's that girlfriend of yours did you bring her?)

"Sí, shes right here mamma"Angelo said moving over.

The woman gasped.

"Ohh she's even more beautiful in person" She said and hugged me almost cutting off my air circulation.

"Hi Mrs.Russo it's nice to meet you" I said with a muffled voice.

"Oh no call me Angela or mama if your comfortable with that" she said.

Well I see where he got his name from.

"Mama you're crushing her" Angelo said and she let me go.

Thank god.

"Sorry dear, please come in." She said moving out of the door way so we can walk in.

When I got in I didn't see anybody.

Where did all that noise come from then?

"Everyone is in the family or game room, but for now come with me honey." Angela said taking me from Ang.

"Oh and baby your brother and sister, along with the rest of the adults are in the family room, go mingle." She said.

I looked back at Angelo with wide eyes and he laughed walking away.

"Do you know how to cook honey?" She asked.

"Yes I do." I said smiling.

"Good I have a couple more dishes to make and I'll be needing your assistance. Let's call this mother daughter in-law bonding time?" She said.
Why does everyone act like me and Angelo are married?
"Oh and by the way I love that outfit and those shoes." She said.
"Thank you." I told her.
Ok so his mom isn't that bad, but what about the rest of his family?

While we were making the dessert dishes, yes dessert, we set the table that sat at lest 30 people, with the help of some staff.

"Excuse me for a second" she said and walked out of the dining room.

"Vieni a mangiare!" She yelled out. Come eat

And I immediately heard footsteps running towards the dinning room.
----------
Dinner went well and the food was delicious.

I met most of Angelo's family and they are great.

You can tell they aren't the type of family who are quick to judge a person.

They welcomed me with open arms.

His brother and sister, Antonio Jr. and Antonia are very funny and I can tell I would be seeing more of them.

While I'm talking about them this family loves the letter A.

His father scared the living daylights out of me when I first saw him.

He is very intimidating, but when he started talking to me I came to realize he was really nice.

For an former Don he wasn't that bad.

I wouldn't mind seeing his family again.
I just need to find out how I'm gonna tell them and my family that I'm pregnant.

I've already come to a conclusion that I will tell them around Christmas.

It would be the perfect surprise and I would be showing but not as much by then.