Chapter 30 ☑️

Annabelle

"So who's this Tara girl again?" Char asked.

"She's just a friend." I tell her sighing.

"She must be really desperate and lonely from what you told me." She said.

"She's not that bad, it's just that she doesn't have a lot of friends based on what she told me." I told her ready to get off this topic.

"Alright if you say so." She said.

"Let's just enjoy our time at the mall and behave yourself." I told her. She has a habit of being rude to people she don't really know.

"Um I'm not five, I know how to act around people." She said.

"Mhm yeah sure you do, turn right there Rico." I said.
--------
We walk into the mall and I text Tara to see where she's at.

She responds almost immediately saying she's at Macy's.
"Come on." I told Charlotte walking towards Macy's just across the mall.

When we get there I see Tara browsing through some of the cosmetics on the first floor of the store.
I walk towards her and Charlotte follows. "Hey." I said from behind her and she jumps a little.
Call me Rico number 2 I guess.
"Sorry." I said knowing how that felt.

"It's cool, you must be Anna's sister." She said approaching Charlotte.
"Yup that's me." She said.

"You two look a lot alike." Tara said.
"Yeah well we are sisters so..."

"Charlotte!" I exclaimed pinching her arm. She sucks her teeth rubbing her arm.

"Sorry about that." I apologized on behalf of my sister.
She annoys the crap out of me when she's like that to people I know.

"It's ok I'm like that with people I don't know as well." She said laughing.
You weren't like that with me...but okay. Probably just saying that to get Charlotte to warm up to her.
"Hopefully you warm up to me by the end of today." She said Charlotte who shrugged.

She was right Charlotte ended up warming up to her in the next hour.
As we were walking I saw a store called Destination Maternity.
Maybe I'll try that.
"Guys I'm gonna go over to this store to see if they have some cute clothes." I said to them. They nodded.
"I'm gonna go to H&M." Charlotte said and Tara nodded in agreement "I'll go with you, call us if you need anything ok?" She said. I nodded and said ok before walking to the store.
"Hi welcome to destination maternity I'm Miranda, is there a specific style of clothing you're looking for or are you just browsing?" She asked greeting me with one of those mandatory smiles.
"Um just browsing but I do want to look at the dresses you guys have." I said to her.
"Oh ok they're all in the back just go straight and make a right and you'll find them." She said pointing me in the direction she was speaking.

"Ok thank you." I said and started heading towards the dresses section.
I didn't want anything too formal, but something I could wear for any occasion.
As I'm browsing through all of the dresses, I see a few that suits me and my style.
I decided to just pay for these since I didn't find any other ones I liked.

When I left I texted Tara to see if they were still shopping at H&M .

They were at another store across the mall and my feet are already starting to ache.
I needed to go to the restroom.

I walked towards the women's bathroom and right before I got in someone snatched me back into the empty hallway that looks like nobody has been there in years.

I screamed but he covered my mouth.

He covered my mouth. I looked at him and it was hard to see his face with his hood on.
What kind of weird fetish could he have to try to come onto a pregnant woman?

I tried to knee him in the balls but he quickly caught my knee and held it down with his leg.

"Shh baby it's okay I'll take real good care of you." He said slipping his hand under my dress.
I wanted to cry but I had to stay strong for my babies.
Right before I could attempt to knee him in the balls again something splattered all over me.

It was blood.

I look at the guy's body drop to the floor and see that his head was split open from the impact of the bullet.

A sob raked through my body.

"Shit shit shit, come on miss we have to go now" I hear Rico tell me.

I couldn't move.

I just kept staring at the body.

My clothes were covered in blood, and my face had splatters on it.

I don't even have my bags because I dropped them when I was snatched away.

"I-I... What just happened." I said crying.

"We have to go the Don is on his way, I'm sorry you had to see that." Rico said with sympathy.
"I'm covered in blood." Is all I said.

I've never experienced someone getting shot right in front of my eyes before.

Shot.

The thought alone made me place my hands on my stomach.

"Baby?Anna!" I heard someone yell.
I started crying harder.

"Oh baby look at you." Angelo said hugging me tight.
"I wanna go home." I said.

"We're leaving right now, come on." He said picking me up bridal style.

He walked out a back entrance where a truck was parked.
Rico opened the door and Angelo sat me in one of the seats.
My head started hurting and everything around me was spinning.