Chapter III • Stark

Two weeks had passed since Violet moved into the Malibu Mansion and she had gotten really close to both Pepper and Happy

Two weeks had passed since Violet moved into the Malibu Mansion and she had gotten really close to both Pepper and Happy. The three of them had had the best time decorating Vi's room - they ended up having a paint fight and were covered in paint. Violet was happy and had just about gotten used to living in such a big house with an AI system that does everything for you and so when Pepper came home one day shouting about how Tony Stark had been found, Violet had some reservations.

"What if he doesn't like me?" she asked from the back seat of the car.

"He'll love you, Vi." Pepper reassured the girl, "What's not to love?"

Vi stayed silent - she could think of many things her father could not like about her, for a start the fact that he didn't know she existed.

Getting out of the car, Vi saw that they were at an Air Force base and she saw a plane which everyone was gathered around.

Pepper came up behind the eleven year old and grasped her had in her own. Vi looked up and saw that Pepper's eyes were bloodshot and puffy. Before she could say anything, the back hatch of the plane began to lower to the ground. Two men stood in the opening of the plane, one was helping the other get out of the wheelchair he had been sitting in. She couldn't see the men's faces but Violet knew that one of them was her father and the other was James Rhodes, who had been at the house last week to talk to Pepper and meet Vi.

Once Tony's face was in view, the eleven year old saw that it was covered in numerous cuts and bruises. His right arm hung in a blue sling and his hair was messy and unkept.

"What is this?" Tony said when he and Rhodey reached the end of the ramp. "Get rid of it." he waved off the stretcher that waited for him and the men holding it hurried it away.

As he came closer Vi saw that she and her long lost father shared a fair amount of physical traits. They had the same face shape, same eye colour and their lips also shared some resemblance. The little girl immediately felt drawn to him. She has for so long longed for her father and now that he was here, she wanted desperately for him to accept her and so she was hurt when he just walked up to Pepper and merely glanced at Vi before looking back at his assistant.

"Your eyes are red, a few tears for your long lost boss?" he spoke with no emotion in his face as if he had run dry of it; he had no feeling left in his body. Or maybe he was feeling so much that he couldn't express it. Vi considered her two theories as she stared at the man who was her blood.

Pepper chucked, dropping her gaze to the floor before looking back up at Tony with a small smile. "Tears of joy; I hate job hunting."

"Well, vacation's over." Tony shrugged, glancing once more at Violet. He began to make his way over to the car that stood waiting for them, seeming to want to ignore the fact that there was a random child standing with his assistant. Maybe this happened more than she thought it did. Maybe she has loads of older siblings that he's sent off to an orphanage and he was just waiting for the right time to do the same to her. Vi felt her heart beat faster at this terrifying thought.