Chapter VII • Friendship

"Miss Violet, it's time to wake up

"Miss Violet, it's time to wake up." J.A.R.V.I.S said over the coms system. Vi groaned and buried her head into her pillow. It was Monday and she had to go back to school after her eventful weekend.

The eleven year old rolled out of bed and shuffled over to her wardrobe. She still wasn't used to not wearing a uniform to school like she did in England and she sometimes went to reach for her uniform only to find it not there. Vi pulled on a pair of pale blue jeans and a striped navy and white T-shirt. She also slipped on some Vans which Pepper had bought her.

"Hey sleepyhead." Pepper said, looking up from her laptop as Vi plodded into the kitchen.

"Hey." She said, opening the fridge and pulling out a berry smoothie. "Where's Tony?"

"Still asleep." Pepper told her, handing the eleven year old the ham sandwich she had made for her.

"Still?" She said. Vi took the sandwich from the ginger and began to munch happily on it. "Thanks."

"Tony's not a morning person." laughed Pepper as she watched the little girl eat.

Vi shorted, "So that's where I get that from." Pepper laughed.

- 𝓣.𝓢 -

Violet shut her locker with a snap, her books in her arms. She had History next which was Vi's favourite subject and she was excited to find out what they would be studying for the next couple of lessons. She walked the school halls with a spring in her step as she made her way to the classroom but with her joy, Vi didn't see the small brunette girl that had stopped in front of her.

"Ouch!" said the girl as one of Vi's history books slipped from her grasp and fell on the other girl's foot.

"Sorry! I didn't see you!" Vi apologised with wide eyes. She scooped her book up from the ground, red faced with embarrassment as the girl rubbed her foot.

"It's wasn't your fault." the brunette told her, "I shouldn't have been standing in the middle of the hallway." the two girls laughed. "I don't suppose you know where room 34b is, I'm lost."

"Sure, I'm actually going there now." smiled Vi. "Are you new then?"

"Yeah, I moved here from Boston." said the brunette as they began to make their way to class.

"Cool. You'll be taking my place as the new girl then." said the eleven year old, "I moved here from England."

"I guessed." she laughed. "I'm Kasia by the way."

"Violet."

- 𝓣.𝓢 -

Vi and Kasia had chosen seats by the window in the second row of desks and were now listening to their teacher address the class.

"Good morning class." Mr Watson said from the front of the class. He was a tall, middle aged man with a bald head. Vi found him to be a kind and fair teacher who could control a class and be strict if necessary. "Today, we have a new student joining us, Kasia Fox. Can you give us a wave Kasia." the brunette gave an awkward wave as instructed, blushing with embarrassment.