Chapter IX • Hammeroid Attack

"He's locked us out of the mainframe

"He's locked us out of the mainframe."

"Who's locked you out of the mainframe?" Cried Pepper, using her CEO voice.

"Please, please, go away. Go away." A disgruntled Justin Hammer said, waving his hands in our faces, "I've got this handled."

"Have you now?" Pepper's tone was worsening - her CEO voice had mutated in her Mom voice, a tone of voice usually only Tony and I had the displeasure of hearing.

"Yes, I do. In fact, if your guy hadn't shown up, this wouldn't be happening." I scoffed at Hammer's attempt to blame the situation on my father, "So, please, now go away. Thank you." He turned away and addressed one of his staff, "Listen, we got to get these bitches out of here."

All of a sudden, Natasha grabbed hold of Hammer and shoved him onto the desk, holding his arms behind his back, "You tell me who's behind this. Who's behind this?" the spy demanded forcefully, pulling his arm into an uncomfortable angle.

"Ivan. Ivan Vanko." grunted the millionaire, finally revealing the truth.

"Where is he?"

"He's at my facility."

Natasha released him, leaving a disgruntled Justin Hammer to nurse his wounded ego.

"That was so badass." I said under my breath as I went to follow the superspy who was beginning to make her way towards the exit.

"No," she spun around, stopping me in my tracks with her hard expression, "stay with Pepper."

"But-" she flashed me a look which immediately made me back down, "Fine."

When I turned back around I saw that Pepper was on the phone and Hammer had continued his yelling

"No, no, honey. Don't call the authorities."