1. The Burden of Being Me and You

Soooo....starting the first chapter of this fic. 😉😉😉

Hope you all like it! 👍👍👍

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

"Words in double quotes" - Talking

'Words in single quotes' - Thoughts

(Words in braces) - Telephone conversations

Chapter 1 - The Burden of Being Me and You

Laksh watched the stars as they shone bright in the sky with a calm smile. It looked so beautiful. He could hear the owls hooting from the trees. The neighborhood was silent, except for the sound of the train passing by. It was so peaceful. Almost every creature in the world of living was now lost in their dreamland. After all, it was half past midnight.

Laksh tried to sleep, but his mind was restless. Different thoughts probed his mind when he tried to close his eyes, while his heart felt an unknown fear. At last, he gave up on sleep and got up to look outside his window. After all, it's not possible to sleep when your mind is in war with your heart.

Laksh gave a bitter laugh, his eyes tearing up. 'People say you would never get peace of mind until you listen to your heart. Funny, I'm in a mid-life crisis because I listened to mine.'

He still couldn't forget the events of the day

He still couldn't forget the events of the day. When he sat beside Ragini for their engagement, he almost thought that he would never be able to get his true love after it. However, he felt elated when Swara and Shramishtha managed to stop the engagement. He was on cloud nine. He had thought that now he would tell his mother the truth and she would support his decision. However, Laksh never expected her to slap him. He still remembers each and every word of his mother.

"How could you do this Laksh? Just to save your brother, you are willing to play with Ragini's feelings!? Isn't she human? Doesn't she have a heart? Your father already gave her so much pain by breaking your marriage with her once. Now you want to break her completely by refusing to marry her?"

 Now you want to break her completely by refusing to marry her?"