2. I Wish I Could Love You

I wonder if I should continue my fics or should I just unpublish all of them, considering I'm lagging so much in the updates. 🤔

Anyways, Onwards!!!

"Words in double quotes" - Talking

'Words in single quotes' - Thoughts

(Words in braces) - Telephone conversations

Previously - Laksh finally realized his mistake and cries for the way he has been taking advantage of Ragini's kindness. He decides to finally confess to Ragini that he had been using her to cure his brother and also that it is Swara that he loves. He goes to their house in the morning and takes Ragini to the beach, where he tells her the truth.

Now -

Chapter 2 - I Wish I Could Love You

"Ragini. I need to tell you something. I...I don't...I don't love you Ragini. I'm sorry Ragini but...but its the truth. I love Swara."

He did it. He finally said the truth to her. At once, Laksh felt like a great burden had been lifted off his shoulders.

However, his relief was short lived as he gazed into an unresponsive Ragini.

He watched as she stood there, simply staring at him. No words, no movement...no nothing. Neither was she crying, nor was she insulting him. She was just standing there, looking numb.

"R-Ragini? Ragini I...I'm sorry."

Still, she remained unresponsive

Still, she remained unresponsive. It was like he was looking into a lifeless body. Only evidence of life in her was that she was breathing.

It hurt him to see her in that state, knowing that he was the reason for her misery. 'I wish...I wish things were different. I wish I could help you Ragini. But all I seem to know is how to ruin things. I'm worthless!'

Laksh went near Ragini, standing in her line of sight. "Say something Ragini. Something, anything! Shout at me, hit me, accuse me, insult me! I deserve all of it. Please punish me Ragini. That is the only way I can make it up to you."

Ragini looked away from him. She stepped away from him and went to sit on one of the rocks at the sea shore. She let out a shaky breath and looked at her hands painted with mehendi. After a moment, she chuckled. She giggled to herself, which slowly turned into a full blown laughter, but without any mirth.

Laksh was taken aback by her behaviour. He went and kneeled in front of her. "Ragini? Ragini, what's wrong? Why are you acting like this?!"

"You aren't laughing Laksh? Why aren't you laughing? Can't you see what a big joke the universe has played on me? Making me believe that I'm about to get married to the one who loves me the most. And then...then the actual truth comes out that he never loved me to begin with! It's so hilarious, isn't it?!" she asked him with a smile.