19. Taken

Almost 80 votes for the previous chapter!? Wow! Thanks a bunch guys. Glad you like the story. Hoping for a positive review for this chapter as well.

Moving on...💃💃💃

"Words in double quotes" - Talking

'Words in double quotes' - Thoughts

(Word in braces) - Telephone conversations

Chapter 19 - Taken

'At least there's some relief now that the two are gone.' Ragini thought to herself in relief. "is this how it feels to have boys fighting over you? It looks so romantic in movies. In real life though, I would rather lock my room and hibernate than be someone else's beloved. How troublesome..." Ragini sighed as she placed her hand on her chin,thinking about how she was going to handle the situation once both Laksh and Ratan came back to the table to chat with her.

"Here."

Ragini looked up from the spot on the table that she had been staring at, deep in thought. She smiled at Nikhil who brought her the bottle of water. "Thank you." seeing him standing, she pointed to a nearby chair on the other side of the table. "Why don't you sit down? There are enough chairs."

"I'm your driver, ma'am

"I'm your driver, ma'am."

"So? That doesn't mean that you aren't a human being like me. Work is work, big or small. That doesn't mean I think of you as a servant." she replied honestly. "Come on. Sit down."

If it was possible to feel anymore of guilt than he was at that moment, Nikhil didn't know. Here he was trying to harm her. And there she was, being nice to him without any fake hypocrisy. He eyed the water bottle which he had given her. The froth that was at the bottom was almost unnoticeable. But he knew it was from the liquid he mixed with the water. 

The liquid that was to knock Ragini unconscious.

"Thank you ma'am." he sat down at her request.

"Haha...! No need to thank me. It's public property." she replied, as she opened the cap of the bottle.

Nikhil swallowed hard as he saw her raise the bottle to her lips. 'Once she starts feeling a headache, I'll tell her to come with me to the car to rest. The people here won't suspect me that way either.It will only be a few more minutes for her to become completely unconscious.'

As Ragini bobbed her head up to sip, a shout interrupted them.

"WATER!" shouted a tired voice.