25. The Real Culprit

Hi there! Back with the update. Took a bit long. Oops. Will try to update sooner!

Moving on... 💃💃💃

"Words in double quotes" - Talking

'Words in single quotes' - Thoughts

(Words in braces) - Phone conversations

Chapter 25 - The Real Culprit

There was a solemn air as they sat in the room, both stealing glances at each other, yet not speaking.

Laksh wanted desperately to make her understand. Make her give him a second chance to prove how much he loves her. And yet, he doesn't do anything. Because he doesn't know what to do to make her realize his feelings. 'I should have valued her. But I took her for granted. Now...I fear it's too late.'

Ragini didn't dare turn her head towards Laksh. She knew what she would see. And she didn't want to see his sad expressions. However, she couldn't accept him. Not after the trauma of love she went through. She was at peace now and she liked it that way. 'I fear it's too late Laksh. I've lived too long accepting that I won't get you and agreed to watch you be happy from afar with another. Now, I'm happy this way. I don't know if I can go back.'

The door opened suddenly, breaking them from their troublesome thoughts.

Nikhil blinked at them from the doorway. 'Huh... I thought they were lovers. How come they have their backs to each other?' entering the room, he looked at them quizzically. "Trouble in love paradise, folks?"

At once, Laksh surged up in anger. He was already in a bad mood because of what happened with Ragini. Now, Nikhil's presence was only giving him a chance to let out all his anger and sorrow. "You bastard!" balling his hand into a fist, he went to punch Nikhil.

However, Nikhil swiftly dodged and approached Ragini. He smiled at her and made her stand up.

Ragini glared. "Let go!" she pushed him away in anger. "Let us free!"

"Thank you."

Ragini's angry face at once turned into one of confusion. "Wh-what?"

"Come here you!" Laksh tried to attack again, but without success.

"I'm on the right path finally. And it's all because of you. You made me understand my daughter better."

"When did I do that?"

"He's trying to mess with your head Ragini!" Laksh came back to grab Nikhil.

This time, Nikhil turned and grabbed him instead, shoving the nearby cloth in his mouth. "Now shut! Stupid moron."

"Rafiwi! Fwwff mwf!"

"Sit quietly or I'll feed you to the lions in the deeper areas of this jungle!"

"Hwwf dwr-"

"Shh Laksh. Let him explain!"

Laksh looked at Ragini in disbelief. Shaking his head, he quietened down with a huff. 'Unbelievable. I'm being treated like a dunce in class while she's his favorite student. Grrrr!'