12. These Grim Circumstances

Hi ya! Updated finally! Hope you like!

Moving on...💃💃💃

"Words in double quotes" - Talking

'Words in single quotes' - Thoughts

Chapter 12 - These Grim Circumstances

"She'll end up telling Laksh. I'm sure of it!"

"No she won't beta. She knows you will reveal the truth about her and Lucky to everyone if Ragini speaks about you." Sujata tried to reason with Sanskar.

"Ugh! That pesky little 50 pound girl! She's ruining my plans!"

"You know Sanskar I...I haven't seen you show such strong emotions towards anyone for quite a long time."

Sanskar turned to look at his mother in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"There's a fire in you

"There's a fire in you. A passionate desire to destroy."

"Of course there is! I have to take Kavita's revenge!"

Sujata shook her head. "No. Even if revenge was your motive, you seemed dead from within. Like...like revenge was just an excuse for you to justify why you were living." Sujata looked at him with sincerity. "Now though, the way you talk about Ragini...the way you say her name, the way you speak about her...it's like you're obsessed with her."

Sanskar looked at his mother in disbelief. "Are you mocking me? This has got to be a joke. I hate her!"

"You may hate her. But love and hate have the same passion, the same madness, the same obsession. Be careful Sanskar. The more you try to harm her, the more control you seem to want over her. The line between hate and love is quite thin Sanskar. Mind it."

"Maa, wh-"

"Sanskar! Sujata Masi!" they heard Swara's voice.

Both mother and son got into their roles as she approached.

'Ugh! Here comes this other menace.' Sanskar thought in irritation. His annoyance soon turned into anger when his gaze met Ragini's, who was standing behind Swara. His mother's words came ringing back to his mind. 'I'm not obsessed with her. She doesn't matter to me at all!'

Yet, he couldn't explain why he didn't feel right as she looked at him with hate in her eyes. He wanted her to look at him the way she did when she was his 'dost'.

"Sanky! Ragini is here to play with you!" Swara exclaimed, treating Sanskar like a child.

"Yeah! Dost, come inside!" Sanskar knew how to fulfill his role, which only served to irritate Ragini further.

All Ragini wanted to do was run as far as she could from there. However, Swara pulled Ragini inside with her. "Sujata Chachi, let's go find Lucky. These two can spend some time together." without waiting to hear what the others might want, Swara pulled away Sujata along with her and out the corridor.