20. A Change of Heart

Oh...
My...
Goodness!!!

I can't believe it's been so long since I updated. 😅 Guess I almost forgot about this fic.

Sorry, sorry, sorry. 😘

Moving on...💃💃💃

"Words in double quotes" - Talking

'Words in single quotes' - Thoughts

Chapter 20 - A Change of Heart

"This is all your fault! If you hadn't left me, I would be there to prevent her from getting kidnapped!"

"My fault?! How could this my fault? There was no way I could have known Nikhil would do this. Believe me Laksh. I swear on my royal blood!"

Both were arguing as they sat in the police station after filing the case about Ragini's kidnap. They were waiting for the officer in chief to come with the plan.

"Royal blood isn't gonna save her or bring her back!" Laksh bit back. He knew his anger on Ratan was unnecessary as Ratan was innocent. However, he needed someone to vent his anger on losing Ragini. "If you would have just waited fo-"

"And why should I? So that you could ogle my soon-to-be wife?"

"Wha-"

"Don't deny it. I could see it." Ratan crossed his arms over his chest. "Laksh Maheshwari, it's just like in college. When you use your boyish charms and flirt with your eyes and words with all the girls there. You were doing the same here. That was why I pulled her out of there without you."

Laksh looked away with a scowl. "I-I don't know what you're talking about."

"See! Your stutter proves I am right. What in the world Lucky? I understand you're a flirt. But she was to be my fiance in a few days. Couldn't you just...just 'lay off'?" Ratan uttered making a face, as if using such words was a violation of his gentlemanly codes. "She isn't someone to be played with."

"I wasn't! I would never! Why would you even think like that?"