11. Revealations

Hi ya! Good afternoon!

Happy to say that this fic has successfully crossed 11k readers with more than 800+ votes in total. And I couldn't be more happy! Thanks buddies.
😘😘😘

As for the active voters, commentors...I think every writer would agree that you all are a blessing to us.
😘😘😘😘😘

Moving on... 💃💃💃

"Words in double quotes" - Talking

'Words in single quotes' - Thoughts

(Words in braces) - Telephone conversations

Chapter 11

As Parvati came back from her morning walk, she headed towards the kitchen to make tea. However, a voice reached her ears, distracting her.

"🎶 All of the thoughts we waste
Under the weight of the world...
All of the time we spend...
With the weight of the world... 🎶 "

"Eh? Who is this? Subah subah tragedy koun faar raha?" she listened carefully to determine where the sound was coming from.

"🎶 Don't miss you ways
Don't miss your leaving...
Love live my pain
Long live my feelings... 🎶 "

"Oh my! It's coming from Laddo's room. But...but she has been so happy these days. What could have happened all of a sudden?" she at once decided to investigate and headed towards Ragini's room, peeping at her from the door.

Ragini sat there with sitar in hand, singing to herself. Her eyes were closed as she kept loosing herself to the music. Her face expressed a sense of peace. But at the same time, there was a mysterious sadness in it. Her voice too, although melodious, seemed to carry deep hidden sorrow.

"🎶 Blind and childish
I won't fight it
Here I hide
Underneath my innocence
Grow, Grow... 🎶 "

"Laddo?" Parvati uttered, coming inside the room. "Beta, are you okay?"

Ragini opened her eyes and smiled at her Dadi. She put down her sitar and stood up. "Good morning Dadi. I'm fine! What would happen to me?"

Parvati made her sit on the bed, and she herself sat beside her. "Laddo please. Don't lie to me. If something is wrong, please tell me."

"Nothing is wrong Dadi. You're worrying too much. That's all."

"Are you sure you're fine?"

'Laksh loves me when I now no longer feel the same. Swara hates me for reasons I have no idea what-so-ever! And Sanskar? He's totally another case of messed up defined! So, no! I'm not alright!' Ragini grit her teeth to keep her face from expressing her thoughts. "Yes I'm okay Dadi. I'm absolutely okay!"

Parvati kept looking at her without blinking.

"Um...Da-Dadi?" Ragini kept smiling, but her lips kept twitching with nervousness, with sweat breaking out on her forehead.

Finally Parvati looked away and sighed. "Okay Laddo. I won't force you to tell me anything. If you say you're okay, then I guess it's best I listen to you. After all, you're all grown up now." Parvati gave her a shaky smile and stood up to leave.

"Dadi wait!" Ragini came to stand in front of her. "Why are you talking like this Dadi? You know how much I respect and care for you."

"Respect? Yes. But I guess now that you have a mother to share your sorrows and joys with, I'm no longer needed."