10. How Did I Fall For You?

Well, really excited to see how you all like this chapter!

Moving on... 💃💃💃

"Words in double quotes" - Talking

'Words in single quotes' - Thoughts

(Words in braces) - Telephone conversations.

Chapter 10 - How Did I Fall For You?

Ragini sighed to herself and let her arms stay by her side instead of hugging Laksh back. She slowly removed herself from the hug and stepped back. Laksh, now back in his senses, rubbed away his tears and looked away.

"Laksh I...I should probably leave. It's getting late and Maa will be worried about me and Swara." Ragini explained, looking anywhere but at his eyes.

"Uh yea I...I can drop you both home if you want."

"It's okay. We can go on ou-"

"That would be awesome!" came Swara's voice from the door. "It will save our money as well."

"She's right. Let's go Ragini." Without giving a chance for Ragini to respond, Laksh moved out of the room with his car keys.

Ragini had no choice but to follow both of them. However, she didn't want to stay near Laksh after knowing that he was starting to like her. 'Whatever love I had for him is nothing but history. I've closed that chapter of my life now.'

She mechanically walked after them

She mechanically walked after them. Ragini saw Swara hold onto Laksh's arm as they kept walking towards the car. Laksh smiled and nodded at the end of each of her sentence. But Ragini knew him better. She knew he was forcing himself to keep a smile while Swara held on. 'After so much efforts, it seems Swara's starting to like him back. I can't let him create any problems because of his new found feelings for me.'

Swara's voice broke her of her thoughts.

"Ragini, you'll be sitting in the back seat, right? It's obvious Laksh would want me to sit beside him in the front seat." Swara boasted, trying to make Ragini jealous.

Ragini nodded with a smile and got in the back seat.

#On the road#

As Laksh drove the car, he couldn't help but keep glancing at the front mirror to see the reflection of Ragini. 'When I hugged her in my room, it felt so right. It was as if she belonged in my arms. She felt like home. She felt like peace. When I was in such distress, simply being close to her felt so calm. She was like the refreshing drizzle after a drought. I...I want to feel that happy feeling again.'

Feeling eyes on her, Ragini looked in front of her towards the front mirror to see Laksh looking at her. However, he adverted his eyes as soon as she looked at him. 'Why now Laksh? Why are you falling for me now? Why are you playing with so many lives!?' she shook her head of those thoughts and looked outside the car window. She had bigger problems than dealing with Laksh's immature actions. 'Sanskar Maheshwari. That's another person who I could never have imagine plotting something so wretched to hurt his own family. If only I can find out what actually happened somehow to Kavita. Only one person can solve this entire mess...Durgaprasad Maheshwari.'