16. Schemes

Good evening! ❤

Moving on...💃💃💃

"Words in double quotes" - Talking

'Words in single quotes' - Thoughts

Chapter 16 - Schemes

A loud slam was heard as the door was shut by Swara. She locked it from within and let out a shrill scream.

She grabbed her head in frustration. Noticing the vase nearby, she threw it at the floor. "Ragini, Ragini, Ragini! Only her name! Why? Why, why, why, damn it why!?"

However, her reflection in each piece of the glass shards of the broken vase seemed only to mock her. "Ugh! Shut up, shut up!" she kicked the pieces in anger and hatred for her sister.

Nothing was going her way. Absolutely nothing!

She used to be the person everyone adored. She used to be the one people wanted to chat with for ideas. She was the one who was the better one amidst the two sisters. Ragini was supposed to follow, not lead. She was supposed to be the shadow.

"She was to only exist to make me look good. Me! She wasn't supposed to become so important in everyone's lives! Argh! It was always me who was praised like the apple of the eye. But now!" Swara muffled her head on the pillow and shouted till she felt she had let all of her frustrations out.

As Laksh came to her mind, things only got worse. She couldn't believe he would fall for Ragini! 'Wasn't he the one who rejected her because she was a behenji? Then why was he confessing his love for her?! He wasn't supposed to fall for her! He was supposed to be in love with me, Swara Gadodia! Swara. Gadodia!'

"He must love me! Why didn't he come to me? Why not?!"

"Swara, are you alright?" came her mother's voice from the other side of the door

"Go away!"

"But Swa-"

"Leave!"

Shramishtha sighed. She moved away from the door with a worried look. 'Maa just pulled away Ragini to talk something to her in private. Here, Swara is acting like this. What exactly happened in the Maheshwari home? I have a bad feeling about this.'

"Ah! Here you are." came her husband's voice as he came near.

"Eh? You were searching for me Shekhar?"

"Yes of course." he came near and took her to the living room. "Sit please."

Shramishtha obeyed. "So, what is it?"