Chapter 2: The March to War

"This is an SOS message, Sir." I said, my tone urgent.

Heathcliff saw the voice message pop up in front of him, and immediately listened to it. He understood, as they had just repelled an ambush themselves. "I'm calling a meeting today, this can't go on. We were just attacked ourselves." He records, and sends back to Mitch.

"By who?! We repelled an attack from Rosalia." That would shock the Commander.

"How on Earth did she get out?! We repelled Laughing Coffin." Heathcliff replied.

"If I knew, I'd tell you, sir. Granzam or our castle?" I asked about the meeting place. "Immediately?" I asked about time.

"Immediately at Granzam." He replied quickly.

"We're on our way. Mitch out." I replied. I looked at the command chain and the Familiars. "Let's move." I pulled a teleport crystal out and warped us there immediately. We walked in and saw the two. "Asuna!" I smiled and hugged her. "Wish this were on better terms." I said plainly.

"I could agree." Asuna said, hugging her cousin back.

"I missed you either way." I smiled, a sight most would smile at. "Let's get to business."

Asuna smiled slightly, giving a small nod. "Agreed."

Later in the meeting room, I spoke. "If we presumed LC attacked and since they did, that means Rosalia is rallying them after failing against us as she said she wouldn't be alone next time." I spoke up.

"Then wouldn't it be best we teamed up, against this allied force." Asuna said.

"Asuna makes a point. Stronger in numbers. More chance of beating both groups, and any stragglers that are recruited, then if one of our groups were to fight them off alone." Heathcliff said.

"Then there's the possibility of rogue PKers and small guilds being recruited into the fight. This is total war, Commander." I spoke next.

"I'm aware this is war. A war that can only be won in numbers." Heathcliff said. "Meaning we need to try to figure out just how many we will be up against, and gather the strongest from each of our groups of people."

"With a military family sir, I know that it's not who has the biggest stick, it's the person swinging it. It all comes down to tactics in the end, not sheer strength." I added.

"The higher a player's level, the more likely the hit is stronger. The higher the numbers, the higher the force." Heathcliff replied.

"Good point. The lot of us and a few others are high leveled, but we have something they don't." I smirked.

"Which is?" He asked.

"See Laretox, Omega, and Laurafaine here?" I asked.

Heathcliff nodded.

"Follow me outside if you would?" I asked cordially.

"Alright." Heathcliff said, curiosity quickly coming over him.

They would suddenly transform at the snap of my finger. "A guildmate gave me and others crystals that could make Familiar creatures shift between their normal states and to human states at their beck and call." I smirked, it would shock both of them, but leave my Commanders smirking. I showed a spare crystal as an example of what they looked like. I knew they would ask how they worked. I had them transform back. "What do you think, guys? Distinct advantage? And you're probably wondering what they are in Familiar form. I'll explain if you'd like." I said.