Chapter 8 - The Eye of the Storm

Chapter 8: The Eye of the Storm

A/N: Thank you so much for reading up to this point! This collaboration means a lot to me, so please keep reading as there will be some peace, but things will get interesting very shortly. Enjoy! (More romances starting, just a forewarning.)

           A couple days after our victory in the war, there was a celebration for it and we gave Rosalia her badge in the Primary Division along with inducting two more members, Leo and Artemis. We were laughing and eating with each other, but little did we know more romances were starting. I noticed Asuna and Kirito hanging even closer together than before. "Asuna, something happen with you and Kirito?" I teased her, with a smirk. I knew Rosalia would smirk and get a kick out of this too.

          "What!? No!" Asuna quickly said.

          Rosalia smirked at Asuna, "You sure?"

         "Wait, IS THAT A RING?!!" I went wide-eyed. Everyone would most likely be shocked, and Kirito stayed silent, faintly blushing.

          "N-no!" Asuna got out, starting to blush. She had put both hands behind her back.

         "Asuna...." I became very insistent for an answer. I didn't want to reveal her middle name when I became so insistent.

          "Damn it, fine. You got us. We got married." He said.

          My eyes lit up in happiness for my younger cousin. "Asuna, I'm so happy for you..." I smiled and rushed to hug her. Even Rosalia would be happy, despite her first encounter with the Black Swordsman.

          Asuna squeaked slightly, before hugging Mitch back.

          Rosalia smiled. "Congratulations." She said to Kirito.

          "Thank you, Rosalia. I didn't know you meant so much to Mitch and wanted to change. I'm glad you did." He said.

          "Indeed." I smiled, holding Maka's hand, planning to pop it myself.

          "I might have enjoyed it at that point in time, but just a few days in prison got me thinking." Rosalia said.

          Maka smiled, resting her head on Mitch's shoulder.

          "Hey, Maka hon?" I said.

          "Yes Mitch?" Maka replied, looking up at him.

          "Stand up please?" I asked. Rosalia and company knew what I was doing.

          "Okay..?" Maka said, standing.

          Rosalia smirked, snickering slightly, yet too quiet to hear.

          I got up with a box in my hand, getting on a knee. A gorgeous diamond could be seen inside of it. Precious enough to shock everyone, even Josh and Heathcliff.

          Everyone looked from Mitch, to the ring, then back to Mitch.

          Maka smiled, she already knew what was coming, but even if she tried, she was barely be able to speak.

          "Maka, will you marry me? I know it seems sudden, but I don't want to lose you for a second. I realized this from the war." I said. This would move everyone, especially Midnight, Heathcliff, Asuna and Rosalia.

          "I- Mitch-" Maka started to try to say, before nodding and quickly hugging Mitch.

          I put it on her and a marriage request appeared. I kissed her soon after.