Chapter 6: Questioning Everything/Broken Morale

Chapter 6: Questioning Everything/Broken Morale (Part 2 of 3)

A/N: This is the second installment of the three-part chapter section. XaXa has been assassinated and people taken out for justified reasons. Morale within LC has been broken for losing someone of such a high ranking like he was. So what will be done? Will morale be broken and the war effort lost? You'll just have to read and find out. Enjoy!

             Laughing Coffin was reeling over my assassination behind their lines, and they didn't even know it happened until it was too late. XaXa was KIA (Killed In Action), leaving a major gap in their command chain and broken morale, that was causing their own to leave, even the rogue PKers along with ex-LC members sided against their own for us. Rosalia was at her wits' end and went to talk to PoH about this. He had heard a knock at the door. "Come in." He was clearly aggravated with the current situation. "I don't have much time before we have to strategize again and find a way to bring morale back up enough to fight, so just come in." PoH said.

            "Well then neither of us are happy. Do you even know who the assassin was?" Rosalia said.

            "Well, you won't like this for a second, Rosalia..." He said cautiously.

            "WELL SPIT IT OUT THEN!!" She snapped.

            "It was a strike team. Midnight and Mitch were two of the members, it was led by him. We don't know who the third was." He said. "The SAO hackers, the killers of Mitch's friends and someone else are KIA." He added. "Any ideas on a morale booster?" He was desperate for ideas.

            "How in the hell did he!? You know what, that's actually pretty smart. I just got an idea for a morale booster. He wants to play that game, then we can both play. You let me, and a few others, go over and get their information." Rosalia said, a small smirk appearing.

            "Oh, that's just clever! Deception tactics to give them a ball out of left field. Playing hardball." He returned the smirk. "Granted." He said. "Take elite members with you." He ordered. Little did he know she was gonna turn on him completely and rat HIS intel to US.

            "Gladly! Now I'll be going." Rosalia said, a small bow, before leaving.

            "Rosalia, this better work." He thought to himself as she went to their side, but not realizing this was a betrayal.

            I saw Rosalia and only two members. "Maka, Midnight, with me." I was urgent in tone to them alone.

            Maka and Midnight nodded, and understood. "What's going on now, more people I get to torture?" Midnight asked.

           "Midnight! This ain't a joke!" Maka said.

           "Three contacts. Rosalia is here." I said. "Move."

          "That bitch?" Midnight asked.

           "Apparently." Maka replied.

           "Target confirmed. Wait what the hell?" I noticed something off about this.

           Though probably not necessary, Rosalia was still smirking, she couldn't help it.

            "Rosalia, spit it out." Maka said, she wasn't in the best of moods, especially not to deal with Rosalia.

            "She's unarmed?" I was confused beyond those words.

            "Oh, well allow me to explain." Rosalia said. "I'm here to give you what you need. Intel. You clearly need it. Also, if you don't mind me asking, who was the seventh person you killed?"