Chapter Three - Goodbye & Hello

April POV

  "We would like a ten-year-old girl," I heard through the vents of the adoption room.

  "They want a ten girl," I said. Hope looked excited since she was ten.

  "Ten-year-old girls, please come down to the Adoption Room. I repeat, ten-year-old girls to the adoption room," the witch said through the intercom.

  "Bye Hope and I wish I don't see you again!" We all said, waving bye. Lola giggled for some reason.

  The phrase 'I wish I never see you again' isn't mean, it's extra luck so they get adopted.

  I put my ear back to the vent. I'm pretty sure there are only three ten-year-old girls.

  "Hope, you go on in first doll," The witch said, shoving Hope in.

  The interview went well, but so did the others.

  "We'll have the first one," they said.

  "They picked Hope!" I exclaimed. We squealed lightly and Hope came up looking excited. Lola would probably take Hope's old bed.

  "They picked me!" She said.

  "Congrats, and good luck!" We replied.

  "Bye Lola. I only knew you for a minute, but your pretty cool," Hope said, smiling and leaving with the little she had. Her simple white dress was a bit small for her, but it was the only one close to her size.

  "Hopey?" Lola asked, crying a little.

  "Hopey left. Buts it's okay, you have us," I explained.

  "We can give Lola Hope's old bed," Alexis suggested.

  "But it's the top. What if we need to get to her quickly?" I replied, "Lola can go under me, Lucy can have Kayla's old bed, and Kayla can have Hope's. That way Kit and Kayla are still close to each other, as well as Molly."

  "That's better," Everyone agreed.

  "April!" The witch screamed. I sighed, loudly.

  "See you guys if I survive," I laughed jokingly, opening up the door and walking down to the witches' lair.

  "Yes, Ms. Luchianna?" I asked, bowing.

  "Did you help Kayla and Molly with their chores?" She snapped.

  "No," I laughed, "I was still cleaning the bathrooms."

  "An anonymous source informed me from a security camera carrying their laundry baskets. Did you?" The witch screamed, slapping my face.

  My eye would no doubt be black and blue tomorrow.

  "I did. Kayla was practically falling over. And Molly was sore," I replied, almost in tears.

  "Don't... help... the... idiots... with... their... chores!" She screamed, sacking me again with the broom, "Now get out of my sight, you worthless piece of junk."

  I was almost in the room when all I saw was blackness.