Chapter Five - School, Ugh

April POV

  School. Is. Terrible. Today for breakfast is only a bagel and cream cheese.

  Proof the witch downright hates us*.

*me.

  I grabbed my bagel and ate it on the mile-long walk to the school. The witch refused to get buses for us, so we have to walk.

  It took twenty minutes for me to walk/run to school. There was still twenty minutes until school started, so I took my book it and started studying.

  "Hey look it's the orphan girl!" A popular laughed. I sighed; I was completely used to it by now.

  "Lovely weather we're having, now isn't it. Beautiful sunny skies, and so warm, especially for February," I replied. Act like you don't care, and they'll leave you alone.

  "Don't be so optimistic. Your parents gave you away because they hated you. And all of us do too," the popular laughed. Her name was Savannah Lindsey Ulum-Terra. Or you can find out the acronym.

  She is a big one, the schools.

  "Savannah Savannah Savannah. If only your little insult game fazed me. Studies show when people bully others, it's either because they are jealous of them, or because they are having issues with themselves. I didn't know a popular could be jealous of an orphan, but boy o boy, you sure are," I retorted, stalking away.

  Savannah's always been the one to bully me most. More than her minions.

  It was like she was President Snow, and her twelve minions were the twelve districts.

  I am the only one in my room to go to the middle school. Marie, Molly, and the twins all go to elementary, and Alexis and Lucy go to high school.

  There was another girl in my grade, Mae, who is in another room. We were close friends, her and the only other orphan in our grade, Noah.

  I sighed and reluctantly walked over to math, my first class, with Mae and Noah. I had every class with them, even specials.

  Mae and Noah were sitting in our normal spots, Mae in the middle, Noah on the left and me on the right, in the very front row, on the far left side.

  I knew secretly that Mae had a crush on Noah. That's why I let her sit in the middle.

  "Today will be the test. Afterward, you will be able to play whatever game you would like on the computers," Our teacher, Ms. Monier said. We nodded as the teacher's pets, Rika and Kiera quickly stood up and passed out papers.

  I grabbed my pencil, a Percy Jackson sword.

  I secretly made it in Art class when the teacher wasn't looking.

  I quickly went through the test. Percentages were easy for me. (A/N Can you tutor me...puhlease! ~Cherry)

  I turned in my test and grabbed a Chrome Book in the back of the room.

  Switching to my, Mae, and Noah's favorite computer game, Town of Salem, I logged into my account, AprilShowers. Mae's was MaeFlowers and Noah's was NoNoItsNoah.

  Actually, it was pretty big throughout the school. No doubt others from our school would be on.

  Mae looked over at me and smirked. I was the best at Math, Science, and Social Studies in my little group. Noah was best at English and PE. Mae was by far the best at Art, Music, and Computers.

  Noah finished his test, shortly followed by Mae.

  They quickly logged on and joined the party I created.