*Chapter Eight - Girlfriend?*

April POV

  It was Alexis. Holding a knife above Lucy's head, taunting her about something.

  She brought it down on Lucy's stomach. I ran over and tackled Alexis. Stealing the knife from her, I threw it out the window.

  "Why'd you do that?" Lucy asked.

  "What?" I asked, extremely confused.

  "This is a play at our school we are practicing for," Alexis sighed.

  "So you aren't killing Lucy?" I asked.

  "Why would I kill my girlfriend?" Alexis asked.

  "Girlfriend?" I asked in shock.

  "Yes, girlfriend. Like what all the popular kids say. It's in a friend way," Lucy said for Alexis.

  Lola walked in the door with Kit, Kayla, Marie, and Molly.

  "Hi, guys! Welcome back," Alexis greeted.

  "Lexi!" Lola squealed, hugging 'Lexi,' 'Lufy,' and 'Aphole.'

  "Lola!" I cheered and picked her up.

  "Aphole!" Lola smiled.

  "Lola likes you the best," Alexis laughed, putting an arm around Lucy slyly.

  "Thanks!" I replied, oddly eyeing the two high schoolers, who were acting very close.

  Alexis smiled.

  "Chore time you annoying kids!" The witch yelled through the intercom.

  We walked out of room 117.

  Luckily, the witch was nice enough to give the youngin's the easier ones.

  "Lola, you get to make the beds. I'll show you how since I'm in your group," Lucy said, "Molly has Pool Cleaning, Kayla you have laundry, and Kit has bathroom cleaning."

  "Again?" Kayla groaned, slumping downstairs.

  Marie followed her, obviously, she also had it. I had clean the floors (ugh) and Alexis had making beds as well. For the whole floor, even beds that aren't being used.

  I lazily slumped into the room Kit was cleaning in, grabbed the whatever it was, walked out, and scrubbed the floors. I made sure to lay down toilet paper so when Lola, Alexis, and Lucy switched rooms, they wouldn't mess up the floors that I just cleaned.

  Bad experience with that in the past.

~~~Flashback~~~

I had just finished cleaning the floors. I was so proud of myself, being the 7-year-old I was.

I practically dragged the witch, who was Ms. L at the time, up the stairs.

That's when she saw the dirty floor. When the beating started. When the witch was born.

~~~End of Flashback~~~

  I walked back into the room and saw Alexis and Lucy behind a book, and Lola toddling around the room.

  "Aphole!" Lola squealed.

  "Hi, Lola!" I cheered and scooped her up. Alexis put the book down.

  "Hey, April!" She smiled.

  "Hi, Alexis!" I replied. I ignored the fact that both her and Lucy's hair was messed up, "Whatcha guys doing?"

  "Studying, I'm helping her with Algebra," Lucy said.