*Chapter 18 - Adventure*

April POV

"Wait up— what?" I asked, confused, "Devan likes me?"

"Yeah. When was this?" Caz asks nervously.

"Last year about. Right before Summer Break started," I say, "Why?"

"Oh, nothing. If he just liked you while we were dating I would murder him. But he may not like you now, luckily," Caz breathes.

"What if I want two guys fighting over me?" I ask playfully.

"I murder the other guy," Caz says, his voice and expression not changing a bit.

"How rude," I joke. He smiles at me.

"C'mon. Let's go. We need to find some way to get Devan onto Lovers Rock," Caz says, throwing a twenty on the table. We swim out, right by King Neptune's castle.

"April?" One of the guards asks.

"Yeah?" I stop swimming, asking nervously.

"King Neptune would like to see you," He says, opening up the large doors. King Neptune and Queen Heart sit in their large thrones. Princess Coral toddles on the ground, while Prince Neptune Jr. plays with fish.

"April!" King Neptune cheers.

"Hello King," I bow. I turn to see Caz outside.

"Heart, may we be alone?" The king asks. The queen nods.

"Come among children. Let's go for a swim," Queen Heart says, and brings the two children outside.

"Do you remember when you first came here, I spoke about a task?" The King asks.

"Yes sir," I say.

"Bring that merman in!" The king shouts. The doors are flung open and Caz swims in.

"You two are to go on a mission. You will meet up eight other creatures, and fulfill the prophecy," King Neptune says.

"What's the prophecy?" Caz asks.

The King's eyes turned white, "Swim, Turn, Cast, Bite, Maul, Face the Greatest or Perish will all."

Caz jumped back a little as the King's normal grey eyes returned to normal.

"Go."

"Where are we supposed to go?" I ask.

"Right in the center of America. Westerville. Leave," He said, fading into the darkness.

Caz turned to me, placing a kiss on my lips.

"Let's go."

Caz POV

April smiled at me as she led me away.

I wanted to kiss her for long, really badly.

Maybe even make-out.

But April was the type who liked to progress slowly. So, respectively, I somehow manage to restrain myself to light pecks.

But, She fineeeeeeeee. (White Quotes 2017 😂) (ELA Science Inside Joke)

Unknowingly to her, gold tails like her's symbolized her doing great things in the future.

I wanted to get on land so we could act like a real couple for once.

April POV

Caz joined next to me as we swam hand-in-hand to Westerville, Nebraska when the other eight are supposedly waiting for us. And where we meet them.

We can't swim there, so our plan is to swim to middle-Texas and then walk/drive/fly to Westerville.

Caz POV

The night was nearing fast. I look all around for something so we can stop and rest for the night.

A cave!

"April, follow me!" I say as I swim towards it. It looks to be both empty and dry, so we can be humans.

"Woah!" April gasps.

"It's amazing in here," I gasp. Pink and green lights strung across the walls, and a pink bed lay on one end. The place is labeled, "Travelling Merpeople Motel."

What if we could make-out in here? I want to.

April POV

I glance at the bed. Only one. It would be a little odd sleeping with Caz, but it would be a fun experience.

No, no dirty stuff you silly goose.

I saw Caz's face, and lust sparkled in his eyes.

"Caz? Whatcha thinking about?" I say, sitting on the adorable bed.

"Oh, nothing. Just you, my April," He says and I smile. I can't help but notice he keeps glancing at my lips.

What is he really thinking?

I hope nothing dirty while I'm exposed in human form.

Maybe a nice, calm make-out session.

April dear, what has gotten into you?

Caz POV

Just go for it. She looks interested. Just go.

But what if she doesn't want to.

Then she doesn't. What is there to lose?

That's true.

Should I just go in all rough, or nice and calm?

Calm, probably, then possibly accelerate.

Good.

I start to move in.

April POV

I see Caz moving in, so I finish the move for him. I lightly crash my lips onto him, placing my arms around his head. He drops his to my back, rubbing it a bit.

We deepen our kiss a little more, but not much. Our lips move a bit more and more until they're flying across each other. The make-out session becomes a little heated.

But it was calming in some way.

Caz starts to reach for my shirt.

Oh good lord! What do I do?

Surprisingly, I let him throw my blue "Panic! at the Disco" T-Shirt to the ground. I take his off and run my hands over his chest (no abs, sadly, but I still like him a lot), all without breaking the kiss.

Caz finally pulls away, breathing hard.

I realize I can't make a snarky comment about him because I'm breathing awkwardly too.

"It's late, let's go to bed," Caz says.

"Let's."