Chapter 5

“Thank God, I’m finally free and heal. Fresh air, fresh day!” said Nara with excitement, after a month stayed within hospital.

“Calm yourself Nara. You just came out of hospital. But that doesn’t mean you’re not going to enter the hospital again” said Fatimah.

Nara’s father laughed while Nara’s mother smiled on Nara.

Nara smiled back and said, “So when can I go back to school? I had a lot of works to do as my friends have told me.”

“About a week later, doctor said your stomach need a little bit more time to recover from that punch. So no need to be in rush” said Nara’s mother.

“Well we got an invitation from my friend, he invited us to come to his house for celebrating his birthday. We better go or else we are going to be late for it” said Nara’s father.

“Yea! Celebration after I had come out of hospital” said Nara with excitement. Nara’s father laughed and said “Yes, my dear daughter. Let’s be quick or we’ll surely be late. Hurry up kids, get inside and we’re rolling out!”

“You still act like a child even though you’re a father and adult now. Don’t you have any shamed?” said Nara’s mother. All of them began to laugh at once.

“So we have arrive, quite number of people came. Impressive” said Nara’s father, parking his car.

“Well it’s a huge house isn’t it? How many live in this big mansion?” asked Nara’s mother, looking at the big mansion.

“Well, according to my friend’s invitation. This is his house” said Nara’s father. “Such a big mansion, isn’t this expensive?” said Nara.

“Well it’s his money so he will do whatever he wants. Let’s go, I want no fight, no quarrel, no negative moments over here. Okay?” said Nara’s father.

“Yes father” said all three of them.

“Welcome! Welcome my friend.” Said Sir Ahmed.

“It’s so big mansion” said Nara’s mother. “Yes it is, it’s my great-great grandfather’s mansion. He had it built in 1945 and it’s changed quite a lot after it was inherited.” Said Sir Ahmed.

“So you’re the owner of it now?” asked Nara’s father.

“Yes, the whole house is mine. Well anyway, you didn’t come here just to stare at my home right? I bet you don’t, well come inside and enjoy the meal!” said Sir Ahmed.

“Where’s your wife Ahmed?” asked Nara’s father.

“Passed away, few months ago.” Answered Sir Ahmed.

“Oh sorry to hear that” said Nara’s father. “No problem, past has already gone. No need to mourn” said Sir Ahmed.

"Uncle Ahmed, the preparation of your cake had finished. Now we had only you to cut it for yourself and your guests” said one recognizable voice.

Nara turned around.

Her eyes opened wide.

“He’s here?! How and why?” Nara asked with surprised in heart.

Azlan turned his head to the Nara’s family.

“Ah Khairul, this is my nephew. Azlan bin Abdul Aziz. Azlan, this is Uncle Khairul’s family. Greet them” said Sir Ahmed.

“Hello, I am Azlan. Please to meet you” said Azlan, then he turned his head to Sir Ahmed and said “I will be at the garden” and then he walked away.

“Sorry for his behaviour Khairul, he is like that. Please do ignore his behaviour. Well let’s have a taste of my cake! Come and enjoy it” said Sir Ahmed.

“What is wrong with him? Even with his guests he’s like this?” asked Nara in heart.

“Hey sis, I will be somewhere in the garden” said Nara.

“Okay” said Fatimah, without realizing what she was planning.

Nara went on searching for Azlan.

She found him sitting by a fountain.

His face was looking down.

Nara approached him and said, “Hey you!”

Azlan lift his head.

She saw his eyes were red and had some tears left.

He quickly wipe it away saying “What do you want? Revenge?”

“No, I have come here for the invitation which your uncle had sent to my father” said Nara.

Azlan stood up.

“Good” said Azlan walking away.

“Wait there!” said Nara.

Azlan stop and turned around.

“What do you want?” asked Azlan.

“I want you to say sorry for punching me” said Nara.

“Ask forgiveness? To such girl like you?” asked Azlan.

“You must. Do you know how much trouble you caused to my family?” asked Nara.

“That’s normal. For me” said Azlan.

“Hey, you have harmed others and you just act normally?” asked Nara.

“Yea, so? What do you think?” asked Azlan.

Nara face turns red in rage, trying to grab and punch him.

But she remembered the incident that happened to her on the trip.

So she holds back for a moment.

“Give mercy to others so you can receive mercy from others” said Nara.

“Ah, trying to be like a teacher to me? No need to” said Azlan, turning around. “WAIT! I haven’t completed what I want to say” said Nara roughly.

Azlan turned around again.

“What do you need until you could shut your mouth?” said Azlan with a serious expression.

“I want you to give mercy to others. Don’t be so rude to them” said Nara.

Azlan look up to the sky for a while.

Then he looked at her face and said “It’s my life, my choice”

“Fine. Your life, your choice. I’m here just to give you advice” said Nara, turning away from him.

Azlan gazed at her for a while.

It reminds him of the moment of his life. The moment of his nightmare.

“Where have you been Nara? We have been looking for you” asked Nara’s mother.

“Mother, I was at the garden” answered Nara.

“What were you doing over there? It’s not that much good to go outside at garden at this kind of time. It’s dark already” said Nara’s mother.

“Sorry mother. So why have you been searching for me mother?” asked Nara. “Just to make sure you are still here” said Nara’s mother.

“Mom, I wouldn’t run away into the streets like insane people” said Nara.

“You’re almost the same like your father during his past days. Almost all night time he was outside” said Nara’s mother. Nara just smiled on her mother.