Chapter 16

New day arrives, shining on the sky with its tremendous light. Singing birds sang with its marvellous voices can be heard flying across the sky. Nara looked at the outer environment. “Is nice, isn’t?” asked Fatimah. “Of course, I like those singing birds” said Nara. “This is the second time you got an emergency treatment Nara” said Fatimah. “I know, but this time it is not like last time” said Nara, smiling. “Take rest, you will get a headache and the pain will be worse if you speak much” said Fatimah.

At the time when she lay down her head to the pillow, Azlan entered the room. “How was your wound?” asked Azlan. “Better than before, the pain is more dull now” answered Nara. “Good to know that” said Azlan, smiling. Nara smiled back on him. “So you’re Azlan, if I’m not mistaken” said Fatimah. “Yes I am” answered Azlan. “Aren’t you supposed to be at your bed?” asked Fatimah. “My injuries aren’t that much bad, so doctor said I can move around. But not that much as a healthy person” answered Azlan. “Have a seat Azlan, don’t just stand there like a waiter” said Fatimah, pointing to an empty seat just opposite to her side. “It’s fine, I’m not going to be here too long. I have some other thing to do” said Azlan. “What? They are still making you to do work in the time like this, with that sick condition?” asked Nara, worriedly. “No, it’s about family matter” said Azlan. “Oh, get it solve peacefully” said Fatimah. “It will. Send my regards to your parents” said Azlan. “We will” answered the two sisters. Azlan then exited the room. “He’s nice, disciplined boy” said Fatimah. “He is” said Nara, nodding and smiling while looking outside of the window.

“Sis, I think I want to take fresh air at the park. It’s located at the backside of the hospital” said Nara. “How can you go there? Your legs are that much healed enough for you to walk” said Fatimah. Nara pointed to the crutches at the corner of the room. “There’s a wheelchair over there. I can just go with those crutches” said Nara. “Oh what a shame on me, I have forgotten that there were crutches” said Fatimah, putting her hand on her head. “Well what are you waiting for? Fetch it for me” said Nara. “Why don’t you get yourself then?” asked Fatimah. “You know that I can’t walk for now” said Nara, sighed. “Calm down Nara, I will fetch it for you” said Fatimah, fetching the crutches. “LET’S GO! TO THE INFINITY AND BEYOND!” shouted Nara, pointing her hand to the door with excitement. “Calm down Nara, don’t shout in the hospital. Have some manner” said Fatimah. Both of them started to chuckled silently.

“I love those singing birds. I wish I could have some as pet” said Nara, looking at singing birds that were flying while singing across the sky. “They are amazing, aren’t they?” asked Fatimah. Nara nodded. “Oh wait, isn’t that Azlan?” asked Fatimah, pointing to Azlan who was just sitting on a bench while looking at the floor. “There he goes again, staring at the floor, what’s so beautiful thing about floor?” asked Nara. “I don’t know, let’s just pay a visit to him” said Fatimah. “Sure” said Nara.

“One, two, three, five. Oh wait, I think I accidently counted the wrong number of stones. Here we go again” said Azlan, in heart, counting stones at the floor. “Good morning Azlan” greeted Fatimah. Azlan lifts his head up. “Oh good morning to you too. What brings you here?” asked Azlan. “We were just taking fresh air. Better than nothing right?” answered Fatimah. “Surely she’s not well enough to walk, but I supposed she is better than yesterday?” asked Azlan. “Of course I am better, what else you expect?” asked Nara. “Keep calm, I’m going to buy some water from cafeteria, you just sit down here” said Fatimah. Nara sat down beside Azlan.

“You’re doing fine, much better than before. Am I right?” asked Azlan, counting the red flowers from bed of flower. “Yea, I can say like that” answered Nara. “Good to know” said Azlan. “Why do you care much of me?” asked Nara. Azlan lifted his head up, looking at the sky. “You just remind me of my mother” said Azlan, slowly. Nara turned her head towards him. “What do you mean?” asked Nara. “The way on how you speak, behaved, and much of it are familiar to my mother” answered Azlan. “Okay, so where are your parents? I haven’t seen them yet” asked Nara. “Gone, long time ago” answered Azlan, slowly. “Oh, I’m so sorry to hear that” said Nara. “It was a very horrible sight of me, watching as my mother took out her last breath in front of my eyes after my father had just passed away” said Azlan, tears coming out of his eyes. “It was a horrible nightmare” said Azlan. Nara looked on the ground for a moment. Then slowly she placed her hand on his shoulder. “Keep calm, be strong. Everyone has their time to go away. Even you, me and everything. No need to be sad now. You will meet them someday, happily after that” said Nara. “Thank you for those words” said Azlan, nodding slowly. “You’re grown up person. Stay strong, even if you fall, get up again” said Nara. Azlan smiled at her followed by Nara who also smiled at him.