Chapter 13

“Piles of works, what a day” said Siti with a sigh. “Now we know how busy Maria is. She hasn’t tell us much of her busy work. Pretty busy I guess” said Nurul. “She had been put with a lot of pressure. But still she can stand up and smile” said Nara. “Pity on her. We have not paying much attention lately” said Nurul. “Now we feel like one of us is missing” said Siti. “It certainly is. If she was here, this class would have been happier than now” said Nara. “Well that’s life, we need to get moving” said Nurul. “Yea, we have to” said Siti.

“Have you heard of this new boy, who just joined the Expedition team?” asked Nurul. “Kind of, who was it?” asked Nara. “Fahad was it, I believe that’s what I heard” answered Siti. “From where he is?” asked Nara. “He was a British person, I heard from Azlan” answered Siti. “Wow, now you can go to Azlan as easier comparing to how you want to in past?” asked Nurul, laughing. “Kind of, but I must have a meaningful reason to give” said Siti. “Why is he so hard to meet others?” asked Nara. “He’s busy person. Busier than Maria was” answered Siti. “Ah, I see. No wonder he is very strict headed” said Nara. “Not always, no matter how hard is someone’s heart. There is always a soft part which no one can deny” said Nurul, putting her bio books in the bag. Nara and Siti turned their head to Nurul. Nurul look at them back. “What?” asked Nurul. “What did you just mention?” asked Nara. “Don’t try to pull my leg Nurul” said Siti. “I just mentioned no matter how hard is someone’s heart, there is always a soft part” said Nurul. Then Siti and Nara laughed. “What? Why?” asked Nurul. “It’s nothing” said Nara. “You’re just being a joker over here” said Siti. “I am not” said Nurul. “You are” said Siti, laughing. “In your dream” said Nurul. “It’s always is” said Siti. Then they laughed together.

The sound of new day, brought by the whistle of winds, Azlan and a number of Grade 9, boys and girls, students exited the bus. “Look at this place. Looks like it’s a suitable for journey” said Azlan, looking at the forest. “It is, full of green colours” said Hariz. “Azlan, have you prepared the map and plans?” asked Fahad. “Get to that red bag and take out the map, surely, I have it kept inside that bag” ordered Azlan, pointing to the red bag. Fahad took out the map and handed it over to Azlan.

“So according to map, we are here” said Azlan pointing at the location, then he continued “And this is our destination, rumours have spoken of a treasure hidden beneath this place” “What treasure?” asked Hariz. “I don’t know, it’s just rumours” said Fahad. “That’s why we are sent here to investigate. Quite of a journey right?” asked Azlan. “We don’t know what danger could come to us” said Hariz. “Be certain we are in safe area” said Fahad. “You’re still new over here, don’t give such orders” said Azlan. Fahad laughed, and then he said “A newbie” “Yes you are” said Hariz. “Well let’s get moving, me and Hariz will investigate the areas. The rest will remain here until I give orders” said Azlan, moving towards the forest. “Sure” said Fahad.

“Hey Azlan” said Siti. Azlan turned around. “The preparation for building up the camp is ready, what are our next objectives?” asked Siti. “Good. When the bags have reached the camp, sent it to every of its owner” said Azlan. “Okay” said Siti, walking away. “I think…maybe this? Or is it this? Or maybe that!? But I don’t know which one is it. What a bad memory I have now” said Nara in heart, choosing one of the two identical bags. “Nara…what are you doing?” asked Nurul. “Trying to choose which one is my bag!” answered Nara. “Don’t you recognize yours?” asked Siti. “My small brother took off the chain which I have put as mark of my bag. Now I don’t know which one is mine” said Nara. “We’re running out of time now, we need to get our job done. Here’s the bag, take it and don’t lose it” said Siti, giving her one of the two identical bags. “Sure” said Nara, taking the bag.

“Take your bag Azlan” said Fahad. “Where’s my bag?” asked Azlan. “Here’s your bag Azlan” said Hariz, giving a bag to Azlan. “Thanks” said Azlan. “Give me some water Azlan” said Fahad. Azlan opened the bag, without looking he just took a bottle and gave to Fahad. Fahad didn’t take and gazed at the water bottle for a while. “Azlan…?” asked Hariz. “Nice water bottle” said Fahad. “Thanks” said Azlan. “Sure do” said Fahad and Hariz, who began to laugh together. “Why are you laughing?” asked Azlan, busy in arranging his files. “NICE PINK WATER BOTTLE!!!” said Fahad, laughing loudly. Azlan stopped for a moment. Then slowly he turned around. “What…? A pink water bottle?” asked Azlan. Fahad took the water bottle and gave it to Azlan. “This is the water bottle you gave me” said Fahad, laughing. “You better don’t joke with me” said Azlan. “We aren’t. Seriously, you gave him that” said Hariz. Azlan opened the bag again. “What the…?” said Azlan, slowly. “What happened?” asked Fahad. “All the things inside here are not mine” said Azlan. “What?!” asked Hariz. “Someone must have mistakenly taken your bag” said Fahad. “It couldn’t be” said Azlan. “It is” said Hariz. “We need to get that bag. FAST!” said Azlan, standing up. “Yea, then that pink bottle is no longer ‘yours’ ” said Hariz, laughing. Azlan knocked him to ground. “Sorry…” said Hariz, lying down on the ground, who is still laughing.

“Why is this bag so heavy?” asked Nara. “Probably you put too much things” said Siti. “Yea, who told you to do that?” asked Nurul. “Well, I didn’t put much heavy stuff in it” said Nara, trying to balance herself as she was carrying the bag. “Why don’t you just take a look what’s inside? Probably your little brother put only stones in the bag. A lot of stones” said Siti. “Not now, till we get to the camp then I will open” said Nara. “You sure?” asked Siti. “Yes, I am sure” said Nara. “Your shoulder will scream “WHY ARE YOU MAKING US LIKE THIS? CARRYING A HEAVY THINGS”” said Nurul, laughing. “You’re quite imaginative person” said Nara. “That’s always me in my childhood days. Never forget the memories” said Nurul. “Surely remembering how idiot you are at past. Now we can think more logically than before” said Siti. “Yea, we can. Sometimes” said Nurul. All of them burst to laugh suddenly.