Chapter 17

“Girls, today your math teacher is currently sick. I will take the period as a proxy teacher” said the Miss Amy, the P.E teacher. “Teacher, will you take this period as P.E period? The next period is our P.E period anyway” asked Maria, humbly. “If you behave, then I will take you. If not, then I will cancel your next period as well” said Miss Amy. “We will” said Siti. “Okay then, let’s go” said Miss Amy. The whole class started to pack their bags and moved out of the class. “It’s going to rain outside here. You can see it’s cloudy so, you can’t play football at the field” said Miss Amy. The whole class started to talk to each other. “It’s fine anyway Miss Amy” said Siti. “Wait here for a moment” said Miss Amy. She entered the gym for a moment. Then she came out with a bunch of files. “See here girls, there are group of boys in the gym. You can play whatever is in the gym but don’t cause any trouble. Don’t cause any trouble for yourself and to them. Is that understood?” said Miss Amy. “Okay!” answered the girls. “Let them enter the gym first, it will be mess if we join messing up them” said Maria. “Yea, don’t want to get killed while entering” said Nurul. “I want to play with that punching bag again. It’s fun” said Nara. “Yea sure, enjoy as much as you can” said Siti.

“Well it’s fun, just punch and punch and…” said Nara. Before she could end her sentence, she saw a group of boys dressed in karate uniform. “Whoa…there are karate class in this school?” asked Nara. “Well, I heard it’s just…an exam…sort of like that for them” answered Siti. “Look over there” said Maria, pointing to Azlan, “He is also here, what a day” “What is he doing here? He sure looks nice in that uniform” said Nara, in heart. “Well let’s go with the punching punching bags” said Siti. “Yea, I’m going there too” said Nurul, following Siti from behind. “Well? What are you going to do?” asked Maria. “That class seems interesting. Let’s watch them” said Nara. “Whatever” said Maria, with a sigh. “He looks awesome in that karate uniform” said Nara. “Whoa…don’t tell me you like him?” said Maria, with a ‘weird’ look and smile. Nara coughed. “I don’t” answered Nara. “Don’t lie” said Maria, giggling. “Relax, we’re no more than a friend. Okay?” said Nara. “I doubt that” said Maria.

“YAME!(STOP!/END!) You all may take break now” said Azlan, in loud voice. All of the girls turned their head to Azlan due to his loud voice. Azlan showed no feeling of shyness. Then he turned his head to Nara. Nara looked away from him. Maria coughed. “Shut up Maria” said Nara. Maria giggled. “I think that punching bag is more interesting. I’m going over there” said Maria, going towards the punching bag. “Maria, wait!” said Nara, trying to grab hold of Maria. “Excuse me, but can I ask you why you are here?” asked Azlan. Nara was stunned for a moment. Then she turned around, looking down as her face was red. “Heh, what a weird girl” said Azlan. “I’m not” said Nara, lifting her head up. “You do, it seems like that” said Azlan. “Whatever” said Nara, turning away. “Same girl as ever. Heh” said Azlan. “I heard that my uncle invited your father for dine at ‘Fries & Grill Restaurant’. Is that true?” asked Azlan. “What?!” asked Nara, in a shock. Azlan sighed. “Didn’t your parents tell you about that?” asked Azlan, slowly. “No, I didn’t hear anything from them” answered Nara. “By the time you got back, take a rest for a while. Then ask them for confirmation on what I heard” said Azlan. “You don’t need to order me around like a boss. I know what to do when I got back at home” said Nara. “Oh really? Are you sure about that?” asked Azlan, suspiciously. “Oh yes, I do” answered Nara.

“I can’t really believe, what he said was true” said Nara in heart, with fear. “Okay we have arrived, let’s get into the restaurant. Probably they are inside now” said Nara’s father, Mr. Khairul. “Let’s go!” said Nara’s little brother, Yusuf. “Come on Nara, let’s go already” said Fatimah. “Wait, I’m tying up my shoelace” said Nara. “Okay, here we go” said Mr. Khairul. They entered the restaurant and began searching for Mr. Ahmed. “There he is” said Mr. Khairul, pointing to Mr. Ahmed. “Hello Ahmed” said Mr. Khairul. “Oh hello there, Khairul” said Mr. Ahmed, shaking hand with Mr. Khairul. “Please have a seat” said Mr. Ahmed. “Nara, Yusuf, Fatimah. All of you seat over there at that table” said Nara’s mother, pointing to a table. They all went to that table. To their surprised they found Azlan, sitting while looking outside the restaurant. “Probably he didn’t notice us yet” Nara whispered to Fatimah. “Let’s take him into surprise” Fatimah whispered back. “When are you going to sit, if you just whispered to each other?” asked Azlan, without turning his head. “How did he notice us?” asked Nara, slowly. “Through the reflection of the mirror I can see you” answered Azlan. “It’s pointless now, let’s just sit” said Fatimah.

“I want roasted chicken and orange juice” said Yusuf. “Roasted chicken and orange juice. Okay. Is there any more order?” asked butler. “Nope” answered Fatimah. “Sis, I want to go to washroom” said Yusuf. “Washroom? Where is it?” asked Fatimah. “I don’t know, come on. I need to go” answered Yusuf. “Okay, come with me” said Fatimah, leaving in search of washroom. Nara looked at Azlan. He was staring outside again. “What are you staring at?” asked Nara. “Your face” answered Azlan. “Are you staring at that red car?” asked Nara, looking outside. “No” answered Azlan. “That umbrella shop?” asked Nara. “No” answered Azlan. “Then what?’ asked Nara. “Your face” answered Azlan. Nara turned towards him. He’s still looking outside. “Well, you’ve still anger with me?” asked Nara. Azlan yawned. “No” answered Azlan. “You don’t seem to be fine today?” said Nara. “That’s the common thing people say during winter time. Kind of cold here you know” said Azlan, yawning. “Well at least you aren’t affected by it” said Nara, looking outside. “So what are you looking at?” asked Nara. Azlan made no reply. “Are you looking at the boy who’s eating ice-cream?” asked Nara. Again, no reply was made. “How about that bookstore? Is my guess correct?” asked Nara. There was no reply at all. “What on earth are you…” said Nara, turning to Azlan. Nara stopped speaking for a moment. Then she giggled. “He does look cute when sleeping” said Nara, in heart.