Chapter 12

“For God’s Sake, this answer can’t be this much long” said Siti, complaining about the answer in Math. “It is, there’s another shorter method but I forgot what it is” said Nurul, laughing. “I have lost it somewhere on my way back home” said Maria. “I don’t even know what was that shorter way” said Nara. “You girls…seriously? None have the method?” asked Siti. “No” answered Nara, Maria and Nurul. “Wait here, I will send this badge to monitor’s room. Be right back” said Maria. “Sure” said Nara. “Be careful on your way” said Nurul. “Don’t mess with anyone” said Siti. “I will avoid any trouble” said Maria, smiling.

“This badge is not that much bad, is it? I bet it’s the best one we’ve so far made it” said Maria, laughing while walking in a corridor. “Wow…What have we here?” said one recognizable voice. Maria turned around. “You...the same girl who wants to fight with me” said Maria in low voice, angry voice. “What have we come across with?” said the girl. “What do you want?” asked Maria. “Revenge” said the girl. Then her friends came out from their hiding spot. Maria counted for about 7 of them. “You aren’t satisfied with his warnings, are you?” asked Maria. “Why should I?” asked the girl. They all started to move at once. Maria tried her best to defend herself, but she was outnumbered and overpowered. Soon she fell down. But before the girl could blow the final strike, “WHAT’S HAPPENING HERE?” shouted a voice. They all turned at once to see who had shouted. It was Azlan. He was holding a sharp metal bar in his hand. “What…? We are just having fun” said the girl. “Don’t try to fool me, I have heard and I have seen it myself” said Azlan. “What will you do now?” asked the girl, arrogantly. Then a number of monitors came blocking them from any way of escaping. “Bring Maria to the Medical Room. The rest bring those dirty girls with me” ordered Azlan. “You will suffer for this” said the girl to Maria slowly before she went with Azlan. Maria just keeps herself silent.

“The wounds will be healed soon enough, just get rest. By time it will be healed” said the doctor. “Thanks” said Maria. The doctor exited the room. At the same time, Azlan came in. “What has brought you here Azlan?” asked Maria. “That girl, she will be remove from this school by next day” said Azlan, sitting on a chair. Maria sighed. “What were you doing at that time?” asked Azlan. “I was delivering this badge to you” said Maria, taking out the badge from her pocket. “Ah, this one? I will have the project done within few more days” said Azlan. “I heard that Nara had been helping you in that project, was that true as I heard it?” asked Maria. “Ah, she was. Just helping to do what I said, well at least it is” said Azlan. Maria smiled. “Get better soon” said Azlan, exiting the room.

“Where is this Maria? What had taken so long for her to just give that badge? Centuries?” asked Nurul. “She probably had a fight on the way” said Siti. Nara hit Siti’s head with a book. “What was that for?” asked Siti. “For saying things like that” said Nara, laughing. At a time, Azlan came into their class. All of them were looking at him. “For few days, Maria won’t be here…” said Azlan. “WHAT?!” shouted Nara. Azlan looked at her, then he continued “So with her absence in this class, Siti will be in charge of this” said Azlan. Siti just lowered her head. “It’s okay Siti, we will help you” said Nurul, trying to calm Siti. “What has happened to Maria? WHERE IS SHE?” asked Nara, roughly. Azlan look on the ground for a while, and then he said “She had been injured because of a fight. Now she is taking rest for few days” answered Azlan. “Don’t lie” said Nara. “Why should I?” asked Azlan. “Seriously, don’t lie with me” said Nara. “There’s no need for me to be lying” said Azlan. “I don’t trust you” said Nara. “So be it” said Azlan, exiting the room. “Whatever” said Nara. The whole class was in absolutely complete silence.

Ma’am Samira then entered the class. She put down her files on teacher’s desk and asked “Have you heard of Mara’s incident?” “Yes Ma’am” answered the class. “It’s a tragedy to us. Our monitor had been injured and had to take break for few days” said Ma’am Samira. “We know it from the head monitor, Azlan” said Nurul. “How?” asked Ma’am Samira. “He came to our class and informed of her condition. That’s how we came to know about her” answered Nurul. “Who did he appoint as the new monitor?” asked Ma’am Samira. “He appointed me” answered Siti. “For the replacement when Maria is absent or in leave, Siti will be replacing her duty. Understand class?” said Ma’am Samira. “Yes” answered the whole class. “Well then, let’s get back to studies” said Ma’am Samira.