Chapter 6

“What’s wrong Nara? Is there something bothering you? You’re not that much active recently” asked Maria, sitting down beside Nara.

“Last week I had gone to Azlan’s house. It was FREAKING HUGE” said Nara. “WHAT?!” said all three girls.

“Is it an apartment?” asked Nurul.

“No, it’s a big mansion” answered Nara. “How big it is?” asked Siti.

“About 5 km breadth and 4 km distance not to mention on how large the front garden and backyard garden is totally making the actually size of his property” said Nara.

“His or someone else owned that property?” asked Maria.

“I didn’t see his parents, but I only saw his uncle” answered Nara.

“Probably his parents are somewhere else on that time. Outside I guess” said Nurul.

“But why don’t they attend their brother’s birthday?” asked Maria.

“That just sounds weird” said Siti.

Nara just kept herself silent.

“Do you have that list that Ma’am Ayesha gave us on 6th period?” asked Maria. “Yea, I do. You want it?” asked Nara.

“Nah, I just want to make sure you have it. Or you will pay for it if you lost it” said Maria.

Nara laughed.

At the same time, a man approached them and asked “Are you Nara binti Muhammad Khairul?” asked the man. Nara turned to that man and replied, “Yes, I am”

“Come with me, for a moment” said that man.

“Why should I? My parents are coming now. They will pick me up” said Nara. “Your parents are with us. So please come with us for a moment” said that man.

“I don’t trust that man” whispered Maria to Nara.

“Me neither” said Nara.

“Sorry, but we won’t go with such stranger” said Nara.

The man then turned around and walked outside the gate.

After a moment, Nara’s parents came. They asked “Is there any man came to you?”

Nara replied “Yes, a strange man”

“That man has told you the truth. We are with them; He is just Uncle Ahmed’s worker. Uncle Ahmed talked to us outside and sent one man to get you over here to discuss about Azlan. He was there too” said Nara’s mother.

Nara was stunned.

“Really? He was there?” asked Nara.  “Yes, when that man came back he told you refused to come with him. So Uncle Ahmed said “It’s okay, next time I guess” and went away” said Nara’s father.

Nara lowered her head, thinking of what is going to happen to her.

“Need not worry; at least you don’t go out with strangers easily. I’m proud of that, so now let’s go home” said Nara’s father.

“You should be ashamed of that Azlan” said Uncle Ahmed, entering Azlan’s room. “Ashamed of what?” asked Azlan. “Everyone is thinking negativity and bad things of you. Don’t you know that?” said Uncle Ahmed.

“I know, let them” said Azlan.

“Let them destroy your image? Do you know what will your parents said if they saw you were like this?” asked Uncle Ahmed.

Azlan looked outside for a while.

Then he said “What’s your opinion if they saw me like this?”

“Sad, disheartened, ashamed because of your action. Be kind with others, you’re just acting unjustly with everyone. No need to be harsh to others otherwise you will harm yourself with it” said Uncle Ahmed.

“Kind to others? To those who annoyed me a lot?” asked Azlan.

“Even your bitterest enemy you should forgive. That’s one of the ways of achieving true peace” said Uncle Ahmed. Azlan smiled a little, thinking of the moment at night between him and Nara fought.

“Smile always. Be kind to others, well dinner is ready. Let’s eat” said Uncle Ahmed.

“Okay” said Azlan.