Chapter 18

“Listen to the sound of the wind, blowing the air across the seas” said Azlan. Nara stared at the sea. “I didn’t hear anything” said Nara. Azlan poked her head. “What’s that for?” asked Nara, rubbing her hand on the place where Azlan poked. “It means you have to use your head. I would be very regretful if I had my life like yours” said Azlan, looking at the sea. “Why do you say that?” asked Nara. “An idiotic life, who would expect me to make my life like yours?” asked Azlan, smirking at her. “Don’t smirk at me like that, it’s disgusting” said Nara, turning her face away. “At least I don’t have to poke you in your eye” said Azlan. “Whatever, that little boy over there is so cute, look at his face” said Nara, pointing towards a small boy. “It’s normal for me” said Azlan. “Of course, you can’t see the cuteness” said Nara. “Well at least I can see that you are shorter than me” said Azlan. “No, I don’t think so” said Nara.

“Let’s play chess” said Azlan, heading towards a cupboard. “I don’t really know how to play chess” said Nara. Azlan looked at her, he smiled, and then he turns his head to cupboard. “Oh come on, it’s just chess that I asked you to play. Not a football” said Azlan. “Well I more prefer to play football rather than chess” said Nara. “It’s easy game” said Azlan. “I just don’t like it. Because you need to think this and that and…urgh” said Nara. “You sure have much problem” said Azlan. “Very much” said Nara.

“Azlan, we need to go now” said Uncle Ahmed. “Okay” answered Azlan. “Go? Where?” asked Nara. “Somewhere” answered Azlan, looking down. “Okay, you better be back because I want to punch your face” said Nara, with an evil smile. Azlan smiled. “Sure, that’s a promise” said Azlan. “Whoa, don’t take it as promise. I was just joking” said Nara. “Sure” said Azlan.

“Whoa Nara, that’s so beautiful drawing” praised Maria. “Maria, it’s normal anyway” said Nara. “I think it looks cute. Kind of chubby with the drawing” said Siti. “It’s not cute, you can see I did the neck part little bit too wide” said Nara. “Nice shading, even I can’t do like that” said Nurul. “I think you can do better” said Nara. The bell rang. “OKAY, let’s go!” said Nurul. “Wait at the canteen, I’m going to the monitor’s room to check some schedule” said Maria. “Sure” said the trio.

Arriving at the monitor’s room, Maria saw Azlan’s desk was empty. Maria approached his desk. “What has happened? Has he moved to another desk?” asked Maria. Another monitor came inside. “Excuse me” Maria called out, “Do you know where Azlan’s desk is?” “Azlan’s desk? He has already moved out from this school. You were absent during the day when sir announced he has moved to Australia” answered the monitor. Maria was in silence. “You sure of that?” asked Maria, suspiciously. “Well yes, Azlan didn’t tell anyone but sir clearly announced to us. Because of your absence, you don’t know that he has already moved” answered the monitor. Maria walked out of the room, slowly.

“It’s going to rain here in any moment” said Siti. “Black clouds looks…black” said Nurul. “Well of course it is. What else do you expect? A pink cloud?” asked Nara. “Oh there’s Maria. Why is she walking slowly?” said Nurul. “I don’t know, maybe the schedule is missing? Who knows?” asked Siti. “We better ask her” said Nara.

“Maria, what’s the matter?” asked Nurul. Maria lifted her head. “Azlan…He has moved to Australia” answered Maria, slowly. Nara felt a terrible shock. “What?” asked Siti. “He...has…moved…to…Aus…tra…lia” answered Maria. All of them were on silence. “Let’s go eat something” said Nurul, suddenly. “Okay, I agree with her” said Siti. Then the rain began to fall.

“Why did he leave? He didn’t even tell anyone about it” Nara though deeply. Nara’s eyes are filled with tears, remembering her moment with Azlan. “Well in life there’s bad and good moment for us. I’ll just have to move on. Starting a new life” said Nara.

“That Nara, how long has it been since she sat on that bench?” asked Maria. “From beginning of the break up till now, it’s almost end of break” answered Nurul. “Leave her for a moment. Let her cool down first. Well let’s go back to class now” said Siti. “Okay” replied the duo.