~Shadow~

Aphmau's POV

*Play Song*

"He wasn't there?" Lucinda tries to confirm, looking to Teony, who had an open Mac book lying on her lap, who was shaking her head.

"Gene nor Ein have been sighted at the last two Shadow Night bases we've been to, they're just.......gone." Teony sighs, anxiously biting her lip.

We were all sitting in the main conference room for debriefing, only Lucinda was standing up, her body obviously tense.

"Okay Teony, please just keep looking, they're bound to be somewhere."

Teony nods then proceeds to leave the room to let the agents do their thing. The sliding doors sensing her presence as they open for her as she heads out into the bright modernized hallway.

"Now, I have a mission brief for all of you......" Lucinda starts but is interrupted by a sleepy Travis.

"C'mon Lucinda, some of us need our beauty rest." Travis complains, his arm resting on top of Katelyn's chair.

"Oh yeah, Travis really needs that," Katelyn remarks, resulting in a flirtatious Touche from Travis. hehe Some_random-guy

We all break out laughing, the joy spreading throughout the air, flowing through our hearts.

I was sitting on Aaron's lap, my legs draped over the side of the chair, Aaron's arm wrapped around my back to support it, my arm around his neck comfortably.

"Well, if it's any consolation, the mission is tomorrow, and it is to infiltrate another one of the Shadow Knight's bases..." Lucinda says.

Okay, maybe a bit of explanation before we continue.

Everyone who was in the room, Aaron, Lucinda, Laurence, Garroth, Zane, Travis, Katelyn, Nicole, Dante, Crystal, Alexis, Zach, Xio, Altzac, Keely and I are part of a secret organization called P.H.O.E.N.I.X, which stands for Protection Heroing Offense Entity Nurturing Individual Xiphoid.

Do you know how hard it was to find a word that made sense that started with the letter X?!

Also if I haven't included your OC yet it's because I either didn't get it in PM or your character is coming in later on in the story.

We are highly trained agents of this organization, and we take on jobs that range from dealing with small-time criminals to large rebel organizations. Our largest enemy is The Shadow Knights, led by Gene Peterson and Ein Ryan, who we are trying to track down so we can put an end to their reigns of terror and cruelty.

I'll let Lucinda continue.

"Though, this base is more protected than the others we've encountered, more guards and security along with it, so it will be near to impossible to just walk up to the front gate. Luckily, this base is located in a forest so we'll just drive through the forest towards the back entrance, which is less guarded, so we have the element of surprise." She continues, clicking a button on a small remote in her hand, the large screen in the front of the conference room, changing to an birds-eye view of a large C shaped base, it being in a large clearing in an even larger forest.

"The reason why this is so well protected is that, unlike the stolen valuables you guys just retrieved, this base has something even more valuable, and is equally dangerous....." Lucinda starts, but Zane interrupts her.

"Wait, what could be more dangerous, then nuclear codes?" Zane asks, dumbfounded.

"The nukes, themselves." She answers him, her voice grave.