~Her Choice~

Aaron's POV

*Play Song*

Drowsiness tugs at my consciousness as I open my eyes to the sunlight beaming through the windows adjacent to the bed. 

I look down, seeing Aphmau softly snoring in my arms, her little puffs of air making cute little sounds.

I chuckle, leaning down to kiss her softly on the forehead before sitting up groggily, yawning and stretching my arms to the ceiling.

I look back to Aphmau for a long moment. I allow myself a moment to marvel at the way the sunlight enhanced the soft planes of her features, only enunciating her beauty beyond compare.

I pull on some sweats before making my way dizzily towards the kitchen. I unhook a pan dangling from the kitchen hangers, placing it on the stove as I begin to prepare breakfast.

As I was searching through the fridge for ingredients, I hear a calm ringtone echo throughout the house. With the advanced technology we all had for being agents, the phone call was coming in from the fridge.

I pick up a small remote from the kitchen's island and with a click of a button, answer the facetime on the fridge, which had a large tablet built into it.

Lucinda's face appears on it, her hair straightened and make-up already on as if she's been up for hours. She probably has.

"Mornin' Lucinda, what can I do for you?" I greet, pulling out of the fridge some milk and eggs, placing them on the island table.

"Aaron, I'm actually going to have Aphmau drive the truck escorting the nukes." Lucinda says.

She's like this a lot when she's working. Always straight to the point. 

"Any reason why?" I ask, running the back of a butter knife across the top of the measuring cup, flour flying off the end back into the bag. 

"Zane is going to be hacking into the servers so he'd be busy, so Aphmau is the obvious choice, considering her background."

It's true. Aphmau's father was a race car driver, who was actually really good.

He won a couple of championships before "the accident" happened.

He sadly died of his injuries shortly after "the accident," though not before he had taught Aphmau everything he knew about driving.

I would know, she talks about it all the time, not that I minded.

I could listen to her talk about rat poop all day and I would still be interested.

In other and less disgusting words, I'd never get bored of her. One of my favorite things is when she gets lost in her tangents about the randomest things. The way she's beams—

"Anyway, just wanted to give Aphmau a heads up." She says, interrupting my thoughts.

"Thanks, Lucinda. I'll give her the message when she wakes up." I flip the forming pancake into the air, following form as it landed right back into the pan.

"Oh and...Aaron--" She starts, but she stops herself quickly, obviously fighting with herself on something, her blank expression wavering between it and a pained one.

"Yeah?"

"Nevermind—OH MY IRENE APHMAU PUT SOME CLOTHES ON!" Lucinda exlaims, her face confused, then shocked, as she is realizing what was and had happened.

"AH, LUCINDA!" Aphmau shrieks, running back into the room, her blushing face visible from all the way over here in the kitchen

"Ooooooooh—-" Lucinda sounds out, looking to me, her gaze narrowing.