~Months~

I'm sorry......

Zane's POV

*Play Song*

=============

~Month's later~

=============

Months.

It's been months since the forest base incident.

And many of us...are still trying to recover from it. In our own separate ways.

Some of us...I suspect never will.

Katelyn...

Travis...

...Aaron...

We have just started to get back on our feet, rebuilding ourselves back up again after the tragic accident.

It's been...hard, especially because—since the incident—Lucinda had gone missing.

Just vanished.

Just like Laurence before her.

And then there's Aaron...

Gods, Aaron.

I've been able to recover a...bit from Aphmau's death. Or however much I could. It did more than shake us all, to say the least. 

Luckily, I had Kawaii~chan to help me through it, she willing to talk to me about it as much as I wanted.

I'm so lucky to have her.

Though, Aaron...lost his person to talk to...

He became...paralyzed.

Not literally, but mentally.

Oh, and if you like surprises, this one is bound to be the big one.

When Lucinda disappeared, we thought we were doomed, like P.H.O.E.N.I.X. would fall without her.

Though for some reason, like she knew she'd go missing, she left an unofficial will, saying Aaron should take over as head director of P.H.O.E.N.I.X. if anything were to happen to her.

All of us kept telling him that he didn't have to take the job, that he needed time to heal.

And this is what he responded: "Healing...only happens when you have wounds—I'm scarred already guys, and there's no way to recover from that."

He also said it would keep his mind off...it, as long as he's busy.

Though he seems to have a good point, we are still worried about him.

He's like a robot these days.

He gets what needs to be done, and that's it.

He goes back to his apartment every day, right after he leaves the facility, then continues doing more work for P.H.O.E.N.I.X., works out, then goes to sleep, and does the same thing....

Every...

Single...

Day...

As if its too painful to add variety and do much else.

We've briefly mentioned to him the idea of him of him finding someone else—if maybe that would help, but he immediately shuts down the idea every time we bring it up, saying he's fine.

He's...fine.

So, in a way, I admire him.

Powering through every day, regardless of his emotions, getting stuff done, while in a way, still being loyal to Aphmau, even though she's gone.