~Sacrifice~

2500+ words.

Good god, I have to get a life.

Enjoy.

Third Person's View

*Play Song*

Katelyn walks solemnly into the conference room, all of the P.H.O.E.N.I.X. agents filing into the room, all taking their spots in the room, all looking to her, as she walks to the front of the long table, clearing her throat, getting their attention.

They all silence themselves, observing her sorrow expression.

She scans the room, looking to all these amazing people....all of them that have dedicated their lives to serving their countries.....

Ready....when needed.....to make the ultimate sacrifice.....

Like...Travis did.

"Agents, I have some news..." Before Katelyn can finish, an astonishing site appears before her eyes.

Laurence, Lucinda, a little girl that resembled the two, and an all too familar face enters the room, all panting from what seemed like extreme sprinting.

They all come to the front where Katelyn stood, everyone murmuring and whispering.

"Is that Laurence?"

"What is Lucinda doing here?"

"Travis? He's alive?"

Katelyn is completly frozen in shock, her mouth slightly ajar, her brain telling her heart stuff her heart wasn't believing.

It can't be...

But it is.

How? Where? When?

Travis meets her gaze and everything seems to come to a halt.

They both just stare at each other, tears gathering in the creases of their eyelids. Their faces on the edge of crumpling.

Then, simultaneously, they sprint to each other, joining in a fierce hug that nearly sends them both to the ground. both pulling away quickly to kiss, streams of tears running down their faces.

They were cheers, but more confusion, as they all turn to Lucinda at the head of the table.

"Agents, there is so much to explain but too little time to tell so I'm going straight to the point, we need to all head to our safehouse in Falcon claw right now." Lucinda starts, but Katelyn, who had long before released from her reuniting kiss from Travis, cuts her off.

"No! We need to head to the Shadow Knight's base now!" Katelyn exclaims to the rest of the agents, all of them trying to wrap their heads around what was happening.

"Katelyn, the nukes are going to hit Phoenix Drop soon. We need to—"

"No! Aphmau is there! And Aaron left to get her!"

The room erupts in gasps and murmurs. Lucinda's eyes looked like they were about to burst out of her head.

"What!?" Lucinda yells.

"Aaron went after Aphmau, and...and..." Katelyn starts tearing up, shaking head slowly.

"What? What's going on, Katelyn?" Travis forced her to look at him, his hands squeezing her shoulders.

"Aaron...I think he's going to die."

**************************************

Aaron shoots two guards who were charging at him from the down the hall, both collapsing in an instant.