~Persuade~

Zane's POV

*Play Song*

I knock my fist multiple times on the oak-finished door, standing outside patiently, the cool breeze of the winter day skimming the small uncovered area of my face, my scarf keeping me warm on this cold day.

There was no snow, leaving the area a frigid barren wasteland of dead plants.

I heard numerous footsteps until the door is creaked open, revealing half of Aaron's body, looking out the door with anger until he sees it's me, exhaling in relief.

"Oh, it's only you Zane, c'mon in it's freezing." Aaron opens the door fully for me, ushering me inside, shutting the cold air out as he closes the door.

"You seem tense," I state the obvious, taking off my jacket, hanging it on the coat rack, catching a quick glimpse of a small purple one hanging beside it.

One, you would suspect, to be a kid's.

I silently sigh, turning back to Aaron.

"Yeah, gotta stay alert, being head director doesn't always make me the most liked person." He scratches the back of his neck, walking into the kitchen.

"Figures....." I respond, walking slowly behind him, observing the numerous framed pictures on the walls, most of them including happy memories of.....

Aphmau.....

I gulp down my thoughts, heading into the kitchen, where Aaron was searching through the fridge for something.

I also notice tons of files and papers laid out on the island table of the kitchen.

"Ya want anything to drink?" He asks.

"Just water...." I reply, he answering my request with a cool glass of H20.

"So Zane, before you tell why you're here, I need to talk to you about something," Aaron says, leaning against the wall, crossing his arms, his eyebags large due to what seemed to be too little sleep.

"Uh sure, what is it?" I bite my lip, kinda frightened.

Did I do something wrong?

"You didn't do anything wrong, I just wanted a second opinion on a thought of mine," He says, like as if he had read my mind.

I exhale in relief, gesturing him to continue.

"I think Lucinda is a double agent....."

***********************

Third Person's View.

"Sir, Mrs. Zvahl is requesting you....." One of the guards informs Gene, his posture straight.

Gene scoffs, shaking his head slowly, rolling his eyes.

"Fine let her in...." Gene commands, the metal doors to the large control room, sliding open revealing a furious orange-haired woman, her eyes bloodshot from what looked like extreme sobs.

"What is it?" Gene sighs, obviously rushing to get whatever she wanted to say over with.

"I did what you wanted Gene....." She states, her voice hoarse.

"Yes....and?" He asks, annoyed, done with her idiocy.

"You said, that if I took care of Aphmau, you'd let them go...." She reminded him of their deal, breathing heavily.

Gene rolls his eyes once again, standing up from his comfortable office chair, walking slowly up to her, then he whispers in her ear.

"Yes my dear, I did say that......" His voice hisses, sending chills up Lucinda's spine.