~Memories~

Third Person's View

*Play Song*

Aaron shoves two handguns into the holsters on his belt. He reloads and cocks one of the large shotguns, before sliding it into a case on his back, adjusting his tight black tee and cargo pants.

Well, that's what he does until he hears a really pissed off female.

"I'm offended." 

Aaron is startled by the sound of her voice, allowing himself a second to see who it was—it was Katelyn. Aaron looks at her another moment before turning back to his preparation.

"Offended? Elaborate, please."He asks, placing extra gun magazines into his pockets on his cargo pants.

"I'm offended, that you didn't even bring up the idea to me you were going after her...alone....into heavily secured and guarded territory." Katelyn glares at Aaron, leaning against the door frame, waiting for him to answer.

"Who says I'm going after her?" He says, trying to play dumb, knowing Katelyn wouldn't ever fall for it.

And she doesn't. "Don't play me for a fool, Aaron. I know you are going to rescue Aphmau, and that you aren't coming back until you get what you want..." 

Aaron stops what he was doing, now just staring aimlessly at the wall, closing his eyes, remembering something special.

"...Until you have her back."

"Are you sure this is it?" Aaron scoffs, holding up a small piece of paper in his hand, it displaying a wacky recipe.

"Positive. Or at least that's the recipe my mom gave me, I'm unsure." Aphmau scratches her head, cutting up the beef.

"So to make pizza, we need beef, dough, pineapple, coffee, and toffee ice cream...where's the freaking cheese?" Aaron chuckles in awe, placing the list down.

"I don't know...since I was young, my mom has always been cooking—unique food." She giggles, feeling her hair being pulled to the side, Aaron's warm breath skimming her skin, making her ironically shiver.

"Well if that...unique food made you who you are today, I'm all for toffee icecream pizza." Aaron mocks, making Aphmau laugh again, she turning around so she could face him, but of course she has to tilt her head up in order to meet his gaze.

He could never lose the image of her smile.

How it made him happy that she was happy...

That she was living an amazing life...

And that's all he wants for her...

Even...if it doesn't include him...

"I don't need her back, Katelyn," Aaron says, catching Katelyn off guard. "She just needs her life back."

**************************************

"God, I thought you'd never get here." Lucinda complains running out of the glass cage that the man had opened for them, being followed by Laurence who was carrying Lucy, who was having a giggling frenzy, probably happy to be out of that room.

"Jeez, Lucinda. It's not that easy getting into this place solo—A\snd don't even get me started on what I had to do before—"

"Travis, I'm going answer your request by not getting you started. Now, can we please get out of here? I want to get back to everyone and explain what happened." Lucinda pleads.

Travis nods, handing Laurence a gun.

Laurence hands Lucy to Lucinda, so he can properly hold his gun, grinning at in his hand.

"It's been too long—but wait, I'm still confused...HOW ARE YOU ALIVE?!" Laurence exclaims, all of them exiting the room into the corridor, finding some unconscious bodies on the floor, probably due to Travis.

"Well, for starters, you can thank your lovely wife for making me suffer three months of my life being in A COMA!" Travis retorts, backing up to a wall next to a corner, turning the corner just enough to shoot the guards on the other side.

"But you died...like dead. The guards around here were all talking about it. How did you get...undead?" Laurence scratches his head, subconsciously shooting any of the guards charging at them.

"Okay, now you've got me started. Okay, so your brilliant wife wanted to make sure she had a backup plan just in case something happened when she was bargaining to get you and Lucy back—oh and by the way,, SHE'S SO DAMN CUTE!" His goes momentarily giddy looking at the cooing two-year-old then goes serious again as he continues shooting and explaining.

"I knew everything, such as your whereabouts, so Lucinda trusted me with this. So before the car crash happened, I injected myself with a serum that made me unconscious and Lucinda paid off the doctors to keep me in a coma till my medical directive said I wanted to be let go, and of course I didn't really have to be let go, it was just to make sure the whole world thought I was...dead." His eyes cloud at the memories. "My poor Katelyn..." 

Laurence looks at him with sympathy, Lucinda scratching the back of her neck nervously.

Travis then breaks the awkward silence, gesturing to the end of the hallway.

"C'mon...let's go home."

*

"Are we just going to let them get away?!" Ein exclaims, crossing his arms, looking to Gene, who was looking maliciously at the security cameras, smiling evilly.

Aphmau was standing tensely behind Ein, her face blank, her eyes gleaming of the vibrant green of the rare gem.

"They mean nothing to us, there are bigger fish to fry." His smile creeps deeper due to a certain event playing out on the security cams.

Gene then turns to Ein and Aphmau, his mischievous grin not disappearing.

"Get ready to launch the nukes—oh, and Aphmau?"

"Yes, Sir?" She says to him, standing straight, her voice monotone.

"You see this man?" Gene points his index finger against the screen of one of the security camera footage, Aphmau slowly nodding.

"Kill him."

Have a nice day my crystals!