Chapter Twelve

From: Yoongi

have you eaten ??

I tried to withstand a smile as I replied. Dad gave me a weird look. Yoongi was talkative in chat. He replied pretty quickly, no doubt he was a fast typer.. he was always on his phone.

I shifted on my seat and looked out the car window, waiting for him to reply. As always, we were heading to the hospital for a weekly checkup. I hated it. But I didn't want it to let me down.

"What's with that smile?" Dad chuckled as I continued to text with Yoongi. My eyes widened and I let out an awkward laugh, shaking my head. I pocketed my phone right away. He looked confused, but didn't press. "How's school? Is anyone messing with you?"

I shook my head again. When I was in elementary, he knew about all the bullying. And though it hasn't stopped to this day, he didn't need to know. I didn't want him to be upset.

"Are you sure?" he urged. I nodded and flashed him a reassuring smile. He sighed and eventually gave in.

The ride was quiet, until my phone started buzzing madly.

"Woah, Jimin's pretty talkative." he chuckled. I blushed. Yeah.. that wasn't Jimin. I pulled out my phone and told Yoongi that I would be right back. Soon, we arrived at the hospital.

I hated it here.

The atmosphere was depressing; at least for me.

Whenever I felt down, my heart hurt. And so it did. But now that I think about it.. whatever I felt strongly, my chest always ached.

Why?

"We have an appointment with Doctor Yang." Dad told the woman at the counter.

"Apparently, Doctor Yang is treating another patient as of now.. but it wouldn't take too long. She told me you could wait for her at her office, in the meantime." the woman said, motioning to one of the nearby doors.

Dad nodded, "Alright."

I had a bad feeling.

Dad looked over his shoulder, "Ayumi, let's go."

I nodded slowly and followed him. I usually trusted my instincts, but what could I do? I needed to do this. What was the point of my checkups when.. when the doctors didn't know what to do, too?

He knocked on the door and turned to me, "Let me get you some water, alright? You can come inside."

I watched him as he walked away. I was about to open the door, when someone else opened it for me. My eyes widened.

"Just- What are you doing here?" Minjun cuts himself off at the sight of me.

What was he doing here?

I hurriedly pulled out my phone, 'I have an appointment.'

He eyed me and scoffed. "Appointment. No one's here." he was about to close the door, when I put my foot between the door. I flashed him a confused look.

Eventually, he gave in and let me inside. My heart started beating faster as I sat down on one of the benches, him beside the desk.

It was odd.

He was usually pretty aggressive, but now that we were both alone in the same room, he seemed like .. a peaceful student. He wasn't even on his phone. And since it was so awkward, I decided to reply to Yoongi's messages.

As I did, I felt his gaze on me.

I looked up, and it seemed like he was about to speak, when the door pushed open, revealing dad and Doctor Yang.