Chapter Twenty-One

I thought everything was okay. 

I loved Yoongi. 

And I couldn't stand him being pained because of me. I felt him wrap his hand around my wrist, gently pulling me with him to the principal's office. My heart started beating a little faster. I still wasn't used to it. 

"You're going to be okay, alright?" he cracked a gummy smile. It was early, so not much people were around. I still wanted to keep everything to ourselves. I moved my hand and squeezed his, hoping he would change his mind. 

He sighed, "It's for you. Please?" he seemed so genuine, I frowned, but nodded. He knocked on the door, and a teacher walked pass us. 

"The principal isn't here." he informed us. "He's in America. He'll be back by next week. Is there something you'd like me to tell him for you?" 

Almost immediately, Yoongi shook his head. We both bowed thanks to the teacher. And I was so relieved, even Yoongi noticed. "I know you want to keep it to ourselves. But doing it without authority.. it's immature. At least we go by the rules?" 

I closed my eyes for a bit before nodding again. I pulled out my notebook, 'You should go to class. I still have to do some things.' 

His brows furrowed, ''It's incredibly early. And if you want, I can help you with your homework." 

I flashed him a reassuring smile and shook my head, instinctively waving my hands in front of me. Feeling my heart pound and my face flush, I move my head closer and planted a quick kiss on his cheek. 

"I don't want to go to class yet." he whined. It seemed so unlike him, my eyes widened a bit. "I still want to spend time with you." 

I felt myself smile even wider and shake my head. I started writing again: 'Later. We can spend time together later! I promise.'

"Fine." he groaned. 

'I love you.' he signed, waving his hand a bit that the bracelet around it shook. 

My smile turned into a grin as I enthusiastically signed back, 'I love you too.' it would've made my chest ache, but instead, it made my heart flutter. I giggled and waved goodbye. He returned it, and we went our separate ways. 

Exams were right around the corner. So when I got inside the classroom, I took the opportunity to do everything I had to. All the performance tasks, homework.. 

I was the only one in the classroom. It was going so well, until.. 

"Ayumi," the ever so familiar voice rang in my ears. Why was he talking to me? 

I still wasn't over about the incident that day.. when he laid his hands on me. I'd never get over it. It traumatised me. It suddenly got so hard to love myself.. 

He walked inside the classroom, making me stand up from my seat. "Look, I'm sorry." he was the man that touched me. And when he tried to grab my hand, with all my strength, I pushed him back. 

I didn't know why I still felt sorry when I did. I waved my hands in front of me, hoping he would just go away. "I was out of my mind." 

Yes he was. 

"If you-" 

"Hey." Jimin walked inside, his voice low. Of course he knew about what happened. I couldn't help but tell him. "Don't touch her.." he made his way between us and pushed the guy. ".. Please." 

The guy stared at us for a while, before flashing us a glare. "Alright. Fuck off." and with that, he stormed off. 

Jimin turned to me, "Ayumi, are you okay?"