Chapter Nineteen

"The others'll be here once the ceremony is over," Yoongi said, entering the room. His presence was so out of a sudden, my heart skipped a beat from the shock. He gently placed my things beside me.

My brows furrowed, 'We'll be scolded.'

"We won't." he reassured. "I told them that we were going to be in the clinic."

I was about to type in a reply, when I received a message. Yoongi sat beside me, but didn't bother sneakily looking at who texted me.

Slowly, the pain in my body started to drift away when I read it. I got so excited, I handed my phone to Yoongi and started doing weird hand motions as I stood up.

His lips cracked a smile, "You passed the university test?"

I nodded furiously and my cheeks hurt from smiling so wide. He moved closer and chuckled, gently pinching my cheek, before pulling me in a hug. "Congratulations, dancer."

I pulled away and shrugged. "You have plenty of opportunities ahead of you. I'm betting that you'll beat life and climb your way to the top."

'Haven't you took a test yet?'

He nodded, "I did. But for some reason, I haven't got the results yet. What do you think?"

I frowned and slightly tilted my head, 'That's weird.'

"But they have to message me either way." he said. "If I pass or not, they're gonna have to. If I don't, I'm gonna get a scholarship! You're not the only one that's gonna be worldwide. Sorry, Ayumi."

I huffed and playfully rolled my eyes.

"And I know you got upset about earlier," he started. "As I said, I don't tend to be as affectionate in public. But I really, really like this bracelet, though it looks girly." he held up his wrist. "It makes me feel cool."

I laughed softly, 'If they make fun of you, start a trend.'

We talked about other things for a while, until it grew quiet.

he broke the silence, "Ayumi, I want to tell the incident to the principal before going home. They deserve punishment for what they did."

'My dad.' I added. He looked at my message for a while, before nodding. I didn't want to be exposed. People were going to hate me more. They already did. I was already mocked.

I quickly shook my head and waved my hands in front of me in disagreement. He looked at me with an unamused look on his face, "Why?"

He watched me as I typed: 'I don't want to be embarrassed again, Yoongi. I've always been made fun of, I'm always so known for bad things. And for my father to hear it, it makes me want it to keep it to ourselves.'

"Keep it to ourselves?" he scoffed. "Ayumi, do you have any idea what they just did to you?"

I nodded.

"And you're just going to let them get away with it?" he was annoyed. He stared at me with a questioning look.

'I heard one of them mention about forgetting what Minjun instructed them to do.'

"Then it's fucking worse." his voice was low. "Your own blood, against you? He must have some delusional problems, because he has no good reason to. That just gave you another intention to tell the principal - your father."

I sighed frustratingly. I hated the attention. '

"Wake up to what's real." he said slowly. "I have a choice, Ayumi. But I can't do it if you won't make it with me. If you don't want to tell the principal, then fuck that, I'm going to confront the bastards."

I shook my head again, gently grabbing his wrist.

I didn't know why I suddenly felt sad. I couldn't get angry at him. In fact, I couldn't get angry at anyone. I frowned.

"I involve myself when it's in the right, and when I want to." he shot back. "The only that should be stopping here is your hesitation."

"I don't care about what other people'll think of me. Or what they would think of you." he paused. "If you want to stand out, you're gonna get hate. And then you'll know whoever has the purest intentions."

I frowned. Closing ny eyes and shaking my head stubbornly.

"Why do you think I don't want to fit in?" he turned his gaze away from me. "Because if I was to stand out, people would hate me. But if I was to fit in.. I'd hate myself."

My brows furrowed at his words. But it hit me.

"Why would I walk with everyone when I can build my wings and soar high, to the point that.. others would like to stand out, too?"

"Don't tell me.. if you've become a dancer, you'll ditch the solo career and all the opportunities, to dance with a group? You're better than that." his eyes narrowed. "I know you don't want the bad image for yourself when we tell the principal."

"But where is the pity for yourself when you need it?" he stared at me, and for the first time, I couldn't help but look away. My heart started to beat faster, as he stood up and made his way in front of the piano.

I expected him to say more, but the next thing I heard was an unfamiliar piece. He was right. I should tell the principal. I should tell my father. Even if it meant getting the attention. Why should I care?

I had them with me.

My chest starting to ache, I sat beside Yoongi before the piano and gently grabbed his phone. He didn't look at me as he did.

'I'm sorry.' I pushed his phone so he could see it.

He didn't even turn his head. He continued playing the piano, as if it was nothing. Taking a breath, I typed in a few more words.

'Please don't be mad, Yoongi.'

My heart pounded, and it hurt a bit. But I didn't mind.

'I'm sorry. Please look at me.'

He didn't budge. He moved his head so his hair was covering his face. I continued to do this for quite some time, until he probably already finished playing 2 pieces.

I felt so down, I wanted to cry. But I didn't. I sighed to try and calm myself down, before moving and planting a kiss on his cheek.

I placed the phone in front of him, before grabbing my things and exiting the music room.

'I love you.'

---

Short chapter, RIP.

We will make plenty of progress today, yay! And also.. I never got to ask since I've been so lazy with A/N these past few days.. What do you think of everything so far?

Truly, Ayumi is a lot different compared to most of my characters.. maybe you'd find her annoying, but I personally like her. I thought everything would be a lot more difficult when I planned to make a mute character, but it's actually just as hard as making a normal one.

I'm so pumped, I'm gonna go cry in a corner now. :)