Chapter Fifteen

Practice ended.

I still felt the tension whenever I passed by certain people. Though Minjun usually bullied me everytime it was recess, he stopped. He glared at me from afar. And I know he wasn't the only one. But that was okay..

I sighed and entered the music room. Apparently, Yoongi wasn't here. It was odd, but I didn't leave right away. I pulled an allowance from my bag and placed it on the floor, before making my way to the piano and placing the money on top of it.

I stared at my hands. I know Yoongi needed the money. I know about his financial problems. And the fact that he sells his own music, and doesn't even get the right amount of credit.. it made my chest ache. I wanted to help him.

"Ayumi?" I hear a door open, making me turn around. As expected, Yoongi made his way over, placing his bag beside mines. "Are you using your money?"

I turned my head to the money, then to him again, before flashing him a reassuring smile. I made my way to my bag and pulled out a notebook.

"I shouldn't have used the money." he cursed under his breath and frustratingly ran his fingers through his hair. "That was selfish. You didn't need to do that Ayumi. I'm not that desperate-"

'You need it!' I wrote, cutting him off. I turned the page. 'I know that every single day, you have to choose between transportation and food.'

"And now I regret telling you." he closed his eyes for a bit and took a breath. I stood up and continued writing. Why didn't he accept my help?

'I don't want you it to be like that for you' I pursed my lips and frowned. 'You need to think about yourself, you need to eat, you need to rest'

He stared at me for a while, before making his way to the piano. He sat down, but didn't pull the lid up. "You shouldn't care about me so much."

My brows furrowed. I didn't get him. There were times wherein he was so sweet, but there were also times he seemed so cold. I didn't know how to read him. Was it bad?

"I'm not used to these kinds of feelings." he said, making my heart skip a beat. I don't know why he sounded so sad. Is he trying to stop himself from feeling such things?

Overcome with nervousness, I moved closer and lightly tugged on his arm.

"What?" he questioned. I smiled and pulled him to a small space in the middle of the room. I placed my hand on his shoulder and intertwined the other with his.

He cracked a small smile, "I'm a good dancer."

And.. the only reason he didn't step on my feet was because he was skipping steps. My eyes narrowed and I stopped.

"Why?" he asked.

I sighed and pulled away, grabbing my notebook.

'Follow after me.' I turned the page. 'When I step forward with my right foot, you step backward with your left foot. Same goes with the left. Just follow after me, okay?'

He scoffed, "It doesn't make a difference if I'm skipping steps."

I playfully rolled my eyes and slowly stepped forward. Right after 2 more steps, he stepped on my foot.

"Ah," he panicked. "Are you okay?"

My chest started to ache as I gave him a reassuring smile.

I giggled and waved a hand. It hurt, but wasn't really worth crying for. We continued for a while, trying again whenever Yoongi would accidentally step on my foot and say sorry like he punched me in the face.