Chapter Twenty-Seven

Yoongi 

I was so tired, my body wanted to collapse. Last night got me restless. I couldn't sleep at all. And all I could do was write down lyrics - and they weren't necessarily friendly. 

I barged inside the hospital, about to inside Ayumi's hospital room, when I found myself face to face with an ever so familiar face. Minjun turned on his heel and faced me, "You can't visit her today." 

I glared up at him and ignored his words, about to walk past him when he blocked the door. "She needs to rest. You can't wake her up. If you do, it'll slow down her treatment." 

I sighed and tried to make myself calm. I didn't trust him. "I won't wake her up." 

"She still isn't allowed any visitors." he said firmly. "My mother is her doctor. And the only visitors she's allowed are doctors. Do you think I'm impressed by that?" my gaze lowered on the bouquet of flowers in his hand, making me scoff. 

"So, you're acting like a sweet older brother now?" I hated how we basically had the same height. It was annoying. "After the fucking eventuality? Or is this out of pity?" 

He took a deep breath and eyed me, "It's out of guilt. I told them to bully her. I did not tell them to harass her. I already told them to my dad. What more do I have to prove that I woke up to reality?" 

My voice was low, "What does Ayumi know?" 

"She believes me." he clarified. "I hated her. I hated her because she was the reason my family's bond broke apart. I always knew about my mother treating her, and the way she treated her like her own daughter.. I felt so.. peculiar. Why was I the only one bitter about it?" 

I let him talk. 

After all.. I never listened to his side of the story. 

"And then she enrolled in the same school. Of course I was immature about it. But when my mother told me this certain thing.. I didn't know what to feel. The more I got to know her from afar.. the more I got to feel.. that I was her brother." 

"Is that so?" I said slowly, making my way to one of the chairs. 

"I'm too late, though." he cracked a small smile. "I don't think I'll have much to do. We won't be able to form much of a bond." 

I tilted my head, "Why?" 

He shrugged, "Reasons." 

He seemed so careful with his words, it almost got me suspicious. But at the same time, I didn't care. After all, the doctor was going to tell us on how everything was going. Why she wasn't allowed visitors today.. that made sense. 

And I felt so selfish for wanting to see her. 

I was about to put on my earphones, when I heard footsteps from the entrance. And instinctively, I turned my head. 

"Yoongi?" Eri made her way over with furrowed eyebrows, the others slowly following behind. "What are you doing here?" she turned to Minjun with a scowl, "And you.. what are you doing here?" 

"She isn't allowed any visitors." I let out a sigh, glancing at Minjun. "Because she needs to rest." 

She scoffed, "And you think I'd actually believe that?" 

"Eri." Namjoon scolded. "As far as I know, she does need to rest. She's vulnerable. Little things would hurt her. Even noise would cause her migraines." 

I stood up, "I second the motion." I was so tempted to smoke. But I shouldn't. It was bad. Though.. it was hard to let go of the bad habit. 

"Good news," Minjun said, pocketing his phone and standing up as well. "We're getting her dad out of jail." 

Jimin's eyes went wide, "Omo, how?"

"My father will pay the amount of money he stole," he clarified. Of course he knew about that - of course the doctor told them about it. But I wasn't complaining. "And.. if you're interested, you can come along." 

"Come along?" Eri eyed him. "No thanks." 

"Okay." Hoseok nodded. "Are you sure?" we eyed her, stopping ourselves from following Minjun outside since we all wanted to go. Eventually, she came along out of pressure. 

"He's really going to pay the amount?" Hoseok said as we got into the car. "It was a huge amount." 

Minjun shrugged as he started the car, "I'm not surprised. The whole reason why he went to America was to get Ayumi her scholarship. He wants to earn her trust." 

"Really?" Jimin said in disbelief. "Wow.. she'd be phenomenal in America." 

"It won't be too difficult for her, though." Namjoon pointed out. "I mean.. she knows English." 

"So maybe, just maybe," Minjun continued. "She'd be studying in America next year. She will have so many opportunities there. The contrast to that.. is of course, if she turns down the scholarship." 

I hope she wouldn't. 

I wanted her to pursue her dreams. I wasn't worth it - what could I give that her dreams wouldn't be able to? She deserves something much more.. beautiful. And good. 

"Small question," Minjun spoke up. "What kind of things does she like?" 

I let the others answer that. I mean.. I considered myself as a thoughtful person, but I gave things I knew I could - and that's why I always wrote her songs. 

"Clothes!" Jimin said excitedly. "But specifically, shoes. Shoes that are comfy to dance in." 

"Waffles." Hoseok added. 

"Give her sweatpants," Eri waved a hand. "Or just talk to her." 

"Yeah." Namjoon smiled. "She's not very materialistic. Though she'll adore gifts, I think she prefers listening and communicating with people. She always seems so eager. And she doesn't get bored with my philosophical talks." 

I rolled my eyes, "Everyone gets bored with your philosophical talks." 

He flashed me a playful glare. 

Minjun nodded slowly. "Alright. I'll keep that in mind." 

We reached the police station, and my heart felt heavy. My mind couldn't help but recall what happened that time. When she looked so desperate and sad, I shook my head to get the thought out of my head. 

We walked inside, and surprisingly, Ayumi's dad and the principal were talking to each other, and her dad was dressed in casual clothes and talking the principal. 

"Thank you, thank you, thank you," he said over and over again. 

"You didn't have to steal, Doyun." the principal sighed. "I'm the one that's going to pay for Ayumi's treatment." 

Right after the words, Minjun walked up to his dad. He said something we weren't able to hear, but I didn't mind. I made my way to Ayumi's dad. 

"How is she?" 

"She's fine." I promised. "Her pulse is very faint, but she's doing well. As of today, she can't have any visitors." 

He frowned at my words. 

"But the pain's turning into numbness," Minjun reassured. "I talked to Mother about it. She knows what she's doing. And I think you know that, too." he turned to her father. And there was a look in their eyes even I couldn't understand. 

"No, let me talk to Doctor Yang again." he shot back. "I change my mind." 

I was so confused, I didn't reply. The others were, too. 

"You can't." Minjun looked frustrated. And for a moment, I saw a look of fear in his eyes. 

"It's already been done." 

--- 

what is this 

even yoongi doesn't know what's happening 

guys omo im so sorry ahuuu