Chapter Seven

October 1st 2020...this would've been their 4th wedding anniversary. Nick didn't feel like getting up and doing anything. He didn't even have to be anywhere, so he simply decided to spend the day in bed. There was just one thing that destroyed his plan: Joe's mood.

"Good morning!" the older Jonas said as he stormed into Nick's bedroom and opened the blinds, letting the sun in. Nick groaned at the brightness and his eyes tried to adjust to it.

Joe placed a cup of coffee down on Nick's nightstand as well as a sandwich and pushed his hands into his hips. "Come on, sleepy head. It's a beautiful morning, the sun's up, no clouds anywhere. The perfect day to get out and have some fun." Joe smiled brightly and Nick wanted to punch him.

"What time is it?" Nick mumbled as he sat up straight and rubbed his face. His hair's been getting longer and he ran his fingers through the curly mess before grabbing his coffee, taking a sip.

"It's 10am. You're wasting your life, Nicholas."

Nick looked at his brother, his face clearly not amused. "Fuck you." he said and took another sip of his coffee.

Joe sat down on the edge of Nick's bed and looked at his little brother. "I know you hate me right now. But I'm trying to make you feel better, especially today." He knew what day it was. And he could only imagine how hard it was for Nick to spend this day without Demi.

"So, I have a plan for today. We're gonna go to Disneyland." Joe said and Nick looked up from his cup, raising an eyebrow.

"Disneyland?" he asked.

"Yup, Disneyland. I called Kevin. Him and Dani will take the kids as well, so it's like a nice day of brothers hanging out and we get to spoil our nieces. Sounds good, right?"

Sometimes Nick hated how enthusiastic Joe could get. It seemed to happen at the most unsuitable situations. Joe grinned down on him and Nick wanted to punch that grin off his face, but he knew Joe was just trying to help him. Now that he thought about it, it was actually really sweet of him. Staying in bed all day doing nothing still sounded much better to the singer, but he decided to give it a try. Maybe he'd actually have some fun again. It's been almost a year since him and Demi got divorced and her and André seemed to be solid in their relationship, so Nick didn't have another choice but to move on.

"Okay. But don't think I'm doing this for you. I'm doing it for Alena and Valentina. They deserve a nice, fun day with their favorite uncle." Nick said.

Joe smirked. "See...and you'll be there, too. So they will be even happier." he winked and Nick couldn't help but chuckle, throwing his pillow at his brother.

After finishing his breakfast, Nick got up and took a shower. Dani and Kevin already arrived and while getting ready, he could hear the laughs of his nieces in the background. It already put him into a much better mood. He loved the two girls so much. As Nick styled his hair, he thought that this could actually be a really good day.

The singer walked out of the bathroom and Alena already ran into his arms. "Uncle Nick!" she screamed and Nick laughed, squatting down as he opened his arms.

The little girl wrapped her arms around his neck and Nick hugged her tightly. "Hey, sweetie. How are you?" he asked and kissed her cheek gently.

"I'm good." the six-year-old smiled. "I'm so excited for Disneyland." she said and clapped her hands. "Will you go on the rides with me?"

Nick smile. "Of course I will." he said and ran his hand over her long hair. Alena couldn't stop her smile from consuming her whole face. "Let's go to mommy and daddy." Nick said and picked her up, walking with her to Kevin and Dani.