Chapter Eleven

Phil thanked the barkeeper and grabbed the two glasses, heading over to Nick. He placed the drinks down on the table and slipped back onto the bench. Nick looked up and gave him a nod before he raised the glass to his lips and took a sip. The singer sighed. He closed his eyes and Demi's words kept echoing through his mind. I'm pregnant. It made him feel sick to know that she was starting a family without him. It made him feel sick to know that she started that family with André.

"What happened between you and Demi, Nick?" Phil asked.

After taking another sip of his drink, Nick looked at his manager and shrugged. "You were there. You saw what happened. She's fucking pregnant from that wannabe Ken."

"I'm not talking about your fight earlier. What happened between you two that night?"

The singer finished his drink and raised his hand. The barkeeper came over and he ordered another one for himself and Phil before he cleared his throat. The memories from that night came rushing back and it broke his heart again. He could still see her expression so clearly, the hurt in her eyes, the heartbreak.

"We just got home from a day out with Alena and Valentina. We took them to the park, we went to eat some ice cream...just like a little family does." he said and actually smiled a little as he remembered how much fun they had and how happy the two girls were that day. Ironically, the day they fought and he ended up cheating was the day he fell even more in love with his wife as he saw her interacting with his nieces.

"After we got back home, we talked about how much fun it was and I told her I couldn't wait to have a family with her soon..."

Flashback:

Nick let himself fall down on the couch and leaned back, closing his eyes. He had a content and happy smile on his face and when he felt Demi sitting down on his lap, he looked up again, smirking. "That was a really great day." he said and wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her a little closer.

Demi smiled and nodded. "Yup, I have to agree with that. Thanks for doing that. I really needed some time off from all the work madness around us." she chuckled and leaned down, kissing her husband's lips passionately. The brunette stood up again and headed over to the big, open kitchen to start preparing some dinner for them.

Nick turned and looked at her, leaning his arm on the back of the couch. He watched her for a while, admiring his wife. He was the luckiest man alive, he knew that. Demi meant the world to him, even before they started dating. She was his other half. She was the one who completed him. And it's been that way ever since they met. "I love you." he said and Demi looked up from cutting the ingredients for their salad.

"I love you more." she said and winked at him.

Getting married was definitely the best decision they could've made. After they started dating, their friendship got even stronger. They were no longer just best friends, they were an item. They were one and after saying "I do", that bond became something unbreakable.

Nick stood up and walked over to the kitchen, standing behind her. He let his arms slip around her waist and pulled her against his chest as she kept preparing the salad, gently kissing along her shoulder and neck. "You know...seeing you with Alena and Valentina makes me wanna start a family as soon as possible." he whispered and kissed her cheek.

" he whispered and kissed her cheek