Chapter Twenty-Five (FINAL CHAPTER)

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I'M SO FUCKING SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG! My brain's been all over the place the last few weeks and I couldn't really concentrate on writing the chapter. It took a different turn that I originally planed, but I think it's clear that this is not the end yet. ;) I'm not as happy with this chapter as I expected, but maybe that's just the perfectionist in me and you guys will be okay with it :D I know it's pretty short. I hope you like it anyways. ;) Have fun reading and I'll talk to you soon. ;)

Being on her own was weird. The house was uncomfortable quiet and Demi didn't really know why all of a sudden it bothered her. After the divorce, she's lived here alone and the silence never bothered her at all, but after everything that happened, it felt like someone was knocking the air out of her lungs. She was supposed to hear baby laughter, a cry every now and then. Her and André were supposed to raise a baby together, but now she was alone. Her son was dead and the thought of it still haunted her in her dreams. Many nights after the funeral, she woke up crying after she had dreamed about Theo's face and what he would've looked like. She thought a lot about what he would be like, if he would be as quiet as his father or if he would have a bit more energy. Would he have wanted to play music as well or would he have been more interested in sports? Demi will never get answers to those questions and maybe that was one of the hardest things to deal with.

The singer closed the last box and looked around. The house was empty now. A few weeks after the funeral, Demi decided she needed a change in her life. This house only held bad memories now. As much as she loved this place, she would always be reminded of the fact that her ex-husband cheated on her in their bedroom, she would always see André's face when she told him she was pregnant and how he stormed out the door, leaving her alone. This place was just a reminder of all the things in her life that weren't there anymore. She needed a fresh start.

After some serious thinking, Demi decided to take a break from everything. She didn't wanna be in the studio for a while, she didn't wanna go out do some public work. She wanted to get her life back on track and if that would take a year or two, then that's the way it is. She found herself a beautiful penthouse apartment that she was going to live in and she was really excited to see what life would be like. She was a single woman. But then again, she still loved Nick. Her feelings for him were the reason her and André broke up, but should the singer really jump right back into Nick's arms?

The two of them talked a lot after the funeral. Every day, he would text her to ask if she was doing okay. Demi appreciated his worries. Right now he was the only one who kept her hopes up that maybe one day she'll be happy again. Nick was really understand and accepted her decision to be on her own for now. He was patient and let her know that he'd be waiting. And if she'd want him, he would be there with his arms wide open.

Demi picked up the box and carried it out to her car. A real estate agent was now responsibly for this house and she handed over the keys with mixed feelings. The singer looked at the beautiful, luxury building one last time, taking a deep breath before she got into her car and drove off. At first, she thought she would cry, but she was smiling. Smiling because she knew she had all her life ahead of her and she could still achieve anything she wanted.